Like Tree25Likes

IPTV Boxes - 2018 Reviews

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65
    Over here in Malaysia it works as usual.
    maybe it was TIME playing up, but all good now.

Might be due to the World Cup but can hardly get a decent channel stream tonight that doesn't stop ever few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    As mentioned, I've also had some issues the past week where I can't watch any channel at times. This is with great internet speed, in HK.
    whats your internet speed??

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    whats your internet speed??
    Icable 200Mbps, UnblockTV, or any streaming option never gave me any trouble before.
    chuckster007 likes this.

I have apple TV and use a smart DNS. On it have the usual Netflix but also Aussie Freeview, TV Player (UK TV), BBC iplayer, ITV player, Sling TV orange package, Hulu & Plex over a 1gb line. Everything works perfectly although I havent managed to get Direct NOW tv or playstation TV to work or Hulu live due to geo restrictions and location services being requested but very happy with what I got.

Finally picked up a ubox pro at SSP, lots of good content though wondering if there is any childrens tv in English and which app should I be looking at. Thanks

So, new to HK and just trying to get my TV/media set up right so here are a couple of questions;
    Will a Ubox Pro along with a smartDNS be sufficient for me to get UK TV on a relativity stable stream?
    What about sports, will I be able to find SkySports, BT Sports etc on the Ubox or will it need 3rd party apps?
    Is Google play store and the ability to source .APK files baked into the Ubox?
    Any recommendations for a smartDNS?
    Is SSP the best place to pick a Ubox up? - Rough cost?

Thanks for any assistance.

Hearing this morning that some ISP in Singapore are blocking access to the UBTV app, apparently this already happened recently in Australia too. Could be only a matter of time now for unblock box (I hope not).

Quote Originally Posted by Mezza
    Hearing this morning that some ISP in Singapore are blocking access to the UBTV app, apparently this already happened recently in Australia too. Could be only a matter of time now for unblock box (I hope not).
    There's a workaround already:

Go install DNS app from their playstore.

Tap on the app.

Then reinstall your UB app.

If this fails, manually go into your router settings and set the DNS there to 1.1.1.1
    chuckster007 and bdw like this.

Which box is good for overseas use - in Canada/US? Was thinking of picking one up for my parents

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast