Like Tree19Likes

IPTV Boxes - 2018 Reviews

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA
    With the Unblock box does anyone know how to get all the apps like UBTV and UBVOD back after a factory reset? Asking for a friend, he didn't realise you don't need to factory reset if apps aren't loading, you can simply uninstall and reinstall the not loading apps. Is there apk files anywhere or a bulk installer? Thanks for any help.
    I think I did that once by mistake, and did get the UBTV app back.

Has anyone tried the latest version? Something like UBOX Pro. I understand that the CPU and memory is now faster, just wondering if maybe the streams will be smoother (on a 6Mb line, any little help is good). Pricey though.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Has anyone tried the latest version? Something like UBOX Pro. I understand that the CPU and memory is now faster, just wondering if maybe the streams will be smoother (on a 6Mb line, any little help is good). Pricey though.
    The Pro and I think Pro2 have been out for a while. The new one now is the Pro S. As far as I know, it doesnt really help a lot with the live UBTV app, but it might help with KODI and other apps that get upgraded more often and require android 7 and other better specs.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    The Pro and I think Pro2 have been out for a while. The new one now is the Pro S. As far as I know, it doesnt really help a lot with the live UBTV app, but it might help with KODI and other apps that get upgraded more often and require android 7 and other better specs.
    I popped to the shop I frequent the most on Ap Liu St probably 15mins I made that post. The newer Pro S is $980, but was told if you had the models that before any of the 'Pro' versions were released (so 1, 2, 3 and 4) keep them as the live streams will still work until one day UBOX decides to update their servers, as the 'Pro' versions were locked to only work for 1 year.....

I ended up getting the QBOX 2 ($980), much the same but streams are smoother, less buffering time at the beginning of each channel and definitely better picture. I only had time to play with it for 10mins, and no channel I skipped to wouldn't load.
    bdw and chuckster007 like this.

Where in Apliu Street (or in HK) can you get these boxes? I currently have the FunTV box bought online but it's not the most user friendly so want to see what else is out there. Are these shops "hidden" in HK or are they easy to find? Thanks

I popped to the shop I frequent the most on Ap Liu St probably 15mins I made that post. The newer Pro S is $980, but was told if you had the models that before any of the 'Pro' versions were released (so 1, 2, 3 and 4) keep them as the live streams will still work until one day UBOX decides to update their servers, as the 'Pro' versions were locked to only work for 1 year.....

I ended up getting the QBOX 2 ($980), much the same but streams are smoother, less buffering time at the beginning of each channel and definitely better picture. I only had time to play with it for 10mins, and no channel I skipped to wouldn't load.
    How do you like the QBOX over the UBOX?

My Ubox Pro still works flawlessly after much more then a year, streams have even improved quality and speed since then I find.
    bdw and Proplus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lingc
    How do you like the QBOX over the UBOX?
    For streaming live channels, I much prefer the QBOX2, have not had any channels not loading, and the buffering is significantly less whenever you change channels. But I now realise I paid too much for it, on price.com I see it listed as $6xx. The QBOX is made by the same company that has an app for streaming movies/series (can't type Chinese) and I doo see they have other versions such ass the QBOX5, I'm going to pop out tomorrow and ask if there is much difference between the versions.

Quote Originally Posted by gremlyn
    Where in Apliu Street (or in HK) can you get these boxes? I currently have the FunTV box bought online but it's not the most user friendly so want to see what else is out there. Are these shops "hidden" in HK or are they easy to find? Thanks
    Quite a few places I've seen these, on Ap Liu Street the row of shops next to the public toilets, you'll see them at the shop entrances. I think I've seen them inside Golden Shopping Arcade as well.

Quite a few places I've seen these, on Ap Liu Street the row of shops next to the public toilets, you'll see them at the shop entrances. I think I've seen them inside Golden Shopping Arcade as well.

Great, thanks for getting back to me Proplus. I'm going back to HK soon so will have a wander. One more thing, do they have display models there to try? Thanks.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast