Like Tree25Likes

IPTV Boxes - 2018 Reviews

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Was at Golden shopping arcade yesterday and they have them there as well.. Didn't get a chance to stop and check it out though

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    For streaming live channels, I much prefer the QBOX2, have not had any channels not loading, and the buffering is significantly less whenever you change channels. But I now realise I paid too much for it, on price.com I see it listed as $6xx. The QBOX is made by the same company that has an app for streaming movies/series (can't type Chinese) and I doo see they have other versions such ass the QBOX5, I'm going to pop out tomorrow and ask if there is much difference between the versions.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    I think I did that once by mistake, and did get the UBTV app back.
    How did you manage to get all the apps back? I'm still stuck!

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA
    You have to input a numeric code in the menu first:
    If cannot find app market after factory reset, point the remote at the box and press 332211

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA
    I've done a factory reset from the google settings screen many times. After that, the launcher is still there and selecting the live TV app re-downloads the UBTV app. How are you stuck? What you do see when you turn it on?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw
    I've done a factory reset from the google settings screen many times. After that, the launcher is still there and selecting the live TV app re-downloads the UBTV app. How are you stuck? What you do see when you turn it on?
    Thanks. Actually it's for a friend in UK I gave the box to and he can't work it out! Will pass the message on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    You have to input a numeric code in the menu first:
    If cannot find app market after factory reset, point the remote at the box and press 332211
    Thanks for that. Will pass the info on.

Having not used our UBOX for over a year, I pulled it out of moth balls to watch the news in Hong Kong as we replaced our box with another android box with my own hand picked non Asian content multimedia APK files.

I plugged in our old UBOX last night and a ISP message showed up on the screen the moment I tried to start the UBTV app, which after a bit of Googling discovered that ...... Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB) in December last year launched legal action seeking to have major Australian ISPs block a range of domains employed by seven Android-based set-top boxes: A1, BlueTV, EVPAD, FunTV, MoonBox, Unblock, and hTV5. This also affects Singapore also, as TVB has sought court orders to block android streaming services there too.

Now, I only really wanted to access the live HK free to air channels, as we are interested in all the protest activity going on of late, but cant access the UBTV app to do it, so I ask the question.. Is it just a matter of installing a VPN onto the UBTV and running that first prior to activating the UBTV app or just a simple matter of altering the DNS on the box/router, getting around the ISP block ?

Anybody else using UBOX in Australia or SIngapore able to provide a simple, effective solution ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    Having not used our UBOX for over a year, I pulled it out of moth balls to watch the news in Hong Kong as we replaced our box with another android box with my own hand picked non Asian content multimedia APK files.

I plugged in our old UBOX last night and a ISP message showed up on the screen the moment I tried to start the UBTV app, which after a bit of Googling discovered that ...... Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB) in December last year launched legal action seeking to have major Australian ISPs block a range of domains employed by seven Android-based set-top boxes: A1, BlueTV, EVPAD, FunTV, MoonBox, Unblock, and hTV5. This also affects Singapore also, as TVB has sought court orders to block android streaming services there too.

Now, I only really wanted to access the live HK free to air channels, as we are interested in all the protest activity going on of late, but cant access the UBTV app to do it, so I ask the question.. Is it just a matter of installing a VPN onto the UBTV and running that first prior to activating the UBTV app or just a simple matter of altering the DNS on the box/router, getting around the ISP block ?

Anybody else using UBOX in Australia or SIngapore able to provide a simple, effective solution ?
    I figured out how to access my ISP supplied WIFI router, changing theLAN DNS settings, which allowed me to access to update my UBOX pro and then the app market to reinstall UBLIVE ( orange) TV eliminating the previous (Blue) UBTV app. Works again and wife is happy that access to HKG/China live TV is reestablished thanks to a Singaporian high end audio forum that discussed this topic in great depth.

It actually works better now than ever before.
    chuckster007 and bdw like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    I figured out how to access my ISP supplied WIFI router, changing theLAN DNS settings, which allowed me to access to update my UBOX pro and then the app market to reinstall UBLIVE ( orange) TV eliminating the previous (Blue) UBTV app. Works again and wife is happy that access to HKG/China live TV is reestablished thanks to a Singaporian high end audio forum that discussed this topic in great depth.

It actually works better now than ever before.
    On the UBOX I recall seeing 2 small apps that appeared in the last year (after the crackdown) that changes your DNS, one was labelled for Australia and the other for Singapore.
    bdw and Skyhook like this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast