Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 441211
  • 4 Post By Rob2020

Short throw home projector recommendations?

Short throw home projector recommendations?

Looking to buy a short throw projector for home. Any recommendations ?
    I saw few good reviews on Benhq products. Just wondering if there are any other good options out there or you can talk about your setup if you have one .

I have an Epson that's a few years old now and I'm happy with it, I haven't been keeping up with the latest models.

Take a look at the projection calculator on projectorcentral.com, you select the model you're interested in and it will tell you how big an image you can get from what throw distance.

I always used to just project onto a white wall, this wasn't possible in my most recent flat so I finally bought a screen, I think it was from hivihk.com in Wan Chai.

Even in a HK sized flat it's doable to have a projector, just pay attention to the layout when you choose your flat. It might be more "immersive" than normal when you sit 2m from the screen

Satz90k likes this.

The Xiaomi laser short throw is quite popular, available in China only for around $10,000 RMB, up to 150" image size.

They have a demonstration room set up in at least one of the Shenzhen Xiaomi stores.

https://www.mi.com/en/mi-laser-projector-150/

jgl, shri, Satz90k and 1 others like this.

Thanks for the information . I have a decent size white wall to project . Just wanted to do my research before buying

Will check out if they have stores in Hong Kong and maybe look into demonstrations

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere:
    The Xiaomi laser short throw is quite popular, available in China only for around $10,000 RMB, up to 150" image size.

They have a demonstration room set up in at least one of the Shenzhen Xiaomi stores.

https://www.mi.com/en/mi-laser-projector-150/

Will check out if they have stores in Hong Kong and maybe look into demonstrations
    Not official sold in HK - i.e. no local warranty. Some shops might offer cross border products.