Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By orel100x
  • 1 Post By kittykaitak
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By deepstar
  • 1 Post By AsiaJason

Amazon Fire-Stick or Roku available locally ?

Closed Thread

Amazon Fire-Stick or Roku available locally ?

I am looking for a Amazon Fire-Stick or Roku - I want to build a Kodi box ... is this HW available here in HK.

I had a walk around one of the Computer Centers last weekend, but could not see anything available.

Many thanks

Bob

I don't know about these two, but I recently bought the latest raspberry pi on Aliexpress and installed osmc on it. Watching movies and series through Kodi all the time.

I saw these for sale downstairs in the Golden Arcade, Sham Shui Po several months ago.

deepstar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    I don't know about these two, but I recently bought the latest raspberry pi on Aliexpress and installed osmc on it. Watching movies and series through Kodi all the time.
    Kodi on RPi is dead simple, but there are limitations- off memory might not be able to support 4K output. And you need to source a remote.

There's other hardware that is easily available and works with Kodi, like the tiny Minix boxes that are scattered around the computer centres.
    deepstar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Kodi on RPi is dead simple, but there are limitations- off memory might not be able to support 4K output. And you need to source a remote.

There's other hardware that is easily available and works with Kodi, like the tiny Minix boxes that are scattered around the computer centres.
    You don't need a remote with Kodi/raspberry pi/osmc - you can use your phone, which is what I do. Yatse.
    jgl and deepstar like this.

Thank you all for the informative answers - I will try and do a little shopping this weekend.

Thanks for the update - Bought one new from "Golden Computer" in Sheung Wan. Took the non 4K stick @kh£/450

JBdawg742 likes this.

and just as followup for anyone looking:

Golden Computer in Sheung Wan (1-3 Wing Lok) $700
    HKTVmall $580
    Citilink Electronics $500

I talked Golden down to $600 as it was Sunday and HKTV and Citilink was closed and I didn't want to wait.

jgl likes this.