• 3 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By Cwbguy
  • 1 Post By flameproof
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By Flingel

Where are Mong Kok hifi shop relocated upstair

Closed Thread

Where are Mong Kok hifi shop relocated upstair

Time ago, There were many hifi shops. Understand they move upstair due to cheaper rent.

Where are they now? Need address. For buying low medium grade 5.1 , 7.1 av amplifer, speaker and sub woofer.

Many thanks

They're in a basement arcade....I think its under Prosperity Building

Quote Originally Posted by simon3:
    Time ago, There were many hifi shops. Understand they move upstair due to cheaper rent.

Where are they now? Need address. For buying low medium grade 5.1 , 7.1 av amplifer, speaker and sub woofer.

Many thanks
    depends which brand of Hifi you want to purchase, certains brands carried by certain shops, in recent years, i purchased by 7.2 Yamaha RX-V577 Home Cinema Amp from Super AV King, list HK$4600, I paid HK$3200 during 2016, sometimes, best to check out distributors/showroom facebook pages for special offers and sales

The main one is in Mong Kok, Sai Yeung Choi St S, 51號旺角地鐵站E2出口 Yau Shing Commercial Centre, 8樓全層 which is Super AV King

and CCAV where i purchase my high resolution digital audio player NW-ZX100

10/F Yau Shing Commercial Centre, 51 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok

other places outside MK include Dah Chong AV stores within Aeon department stores in Kowloon Bay/Lai Chi Kok, they carry Tannoy (purchased Tannoy Eclipse 2 and Centre with 30% off list only recently May 2018), Cabasso, accuphase, Teac, audiolab, cyrus and chario

also check out Richcoln which is based in Wan Chai, Siu Obn building, they have regular twice a year sale and really good prices, brands include, Canton ( purchases 2nd subwoofer for underneath sofa for HK$990) , burmaster, chord and sherwood

and finally, Radar Audio once a year sale, in cwb, sometimes have sales prices, purchases cambridge audio surrounds in 2015 for HK$600 for a pair, list price HK$1200
    jgl, Cwbguy and East_coast like this.

also check prices (but sales or special discounts not shown often, on www.price.com.hk

East_coast likes this.

Get one of the local hi-fi magazines and look at the ads. The scene is still active, but not on street level anymore. If you just like to look around, in Mongkok the Yau Shing Commercial Center is a good starting point. Go to the top floor and walk down all the floors. I recall there are a few audio places.

East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    and finally, Radar Audio once a year sale, in cwb, sometimes have sales prices, purchases cambridge audio surrounds in 2015 for HK$600 for a pair, list price HK$1200
    Second Radar, they have some real bargains in their annual sale.
    imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Second Radar, they have some real bargains in their annual sale.
    yes, Radar audio has some bargains, but they only seem to have one sale/clearance every year, but some of the items are really expensive, ie, QED silver anniversary cable at HK$220 per metre and QED Micro $50/m
    (during 2010, changed distributor to Ect Etchi, who distributes Astell and Kern and Camp Audio, QED silver anniversary cable sells at HK$140, QED Micro HK$24 per meter )

others have more frequent sales, such as DCH AV and Richcoln has twice a year,

But it depends which brand you want and how much you budget, start off by finding a home cinema amp, which leaves you only a few choices, Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Sherwood and Harman Kardon, do you require wifi and stream cabilities and how many hdmi you require, my RX-V577 has 6 Hdmi in, component video, 2 optical and 1 co-axial, 2 usb

Two websites for the HK audio friends with many ads. All in Chinese, so good luck:

review33.com/ & post76.hk

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Two websites for the HK audio friends with many ads. All in Chinese, so good luck:

review33.com/ & post76.hk
    https://c71.dcfever.com/trading/listing.php?category=44

I would add that the AV section in Apita Uny in basement of Cityplaza has a decent selection of AV receivers, mostly Pioneer, Onkyo and Denon at very reasonable prices. I bought today a 2019 model by Denon which had a 25% discount.

I also looked in Aeon in Kornhill. By comparison, their selection was very small and much more expensive.

imparanoic likes this.