Like Tree3Likes

UBTV has a 3 minute delay in live broadcasting?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NAMBLA:
    Yeah I've had a few years of free football from it and knew it was only a matter of time before they got shut down so am not complaining. I bought it mainly for sports and for years they had all the Sky Sports channels, F1 and even cricket... BT Sports, Eurosport and BEIN sports HD were all there but now they are all gone. They are on my box anyway... And I have updated the apps. Not sure if Mobdro works on the box, so will try that as a fix and hope the channels come back.
    Well the UBTV seems to be shuffling things around. Last night I saw all 5 of the Sky Sports channels are back, BT Sports, BEIN Sports (only 2 channels). So don't write it off yet. I'd like to see the 5 Astro Sports come back because they were good quality and always in English.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Well the UBTV seems to be shuffling things around. Last night I saw all 5 of the Sky Sports channels are back, BT Sports, BEIN Sports (only 2 channels). So don't write it off yet. I'd like to see the 5 Astro Sports come back because they were good quality and always in English.
    I think they've been updating their streams as the sports channels you mentioned are back and seem to stream a little bit smoother.

Yep! They must be reading this thread since all the sports channels are back and seems to be loads of other film channels and loads in the India category there's some BBC channels? Looks like we're back in business.

I bought a Pro2 box two weeks ago, the salesman told me it was the latest model and better than the UBOX4 I was looking for.

It worked great for the first two weeks but UBTV has barely any content on it at the moment, virtually every channel just spins with the 1k/s loading etc.

Is there a twitter feed or weChat profile that gives the current status for UBTV? Currently the best I seem to find are old posts confirming that this seems to happen from time to time.

I can still use Kodi so it's not a total wash out. Sometimes though i just prefer having a channel on and not having to think about what i want to watch next!

Thanks

Our UBTV box stopped working, can't figure out how to reset it. Anyone else experienced this and was able to fix it? A lot of cricket coming up next few months, need them channels back on!

Mine still working normally (Upro box), so might be related to the specific channels one watches?

Quote Originally Posted by tmburrows:
    I bought a Pro2 box two weeks ago, the salesman told me it was the latest model and better than the UBOX4 I was looking for.

It worked great for the first two weeks but UBTV has barely any content on it at the moment, virtually every channel just spins with the 1k/s loading etc.

Is there a twitter feed or weChat profile that gives the current status for UBTV? Currently the best I seem to find are old posts confirming that this seems to happen from time to time.

I can still use Kodi so it's not a total wash out. Sometimes though i just prefer having a channel on and not having to think about what i want to watch next!

Thanks
    Yeah the pro2 is the latest UBTV box out at the moment. It's been working OK for the the past few days. I suppose it depends what channels you want to watch and sure there are some that just spin around and do nothing, have to move onto the next. But my wife was watching some Japanese channels just this morning without any issues, I was watching CNN (the US version at the end of the channel list around 500+ rather than the international version somewhere <100 ) just last night and was fine for me.

But I also use the ubox more for KODI rather than the UBTV app these days. I have all the Australian channels via KODI and just setup my AFL VIDEO kodi plugin with a free Telstra live pass for the start of the AFL (Aussie football) season which kicks off tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by wanderer01:
    Our UBTV box stopped working, can't figure out how to reset it. Anyone else experienced this and was able to fix it? A lot of cricket coming up next few months, need them channels back on!
    You should be able to reset the box just going into the android settings and there is an option to factory reset and choose YES to erase all settings and data. I've done before and this still keeps the menu system so after it's reset it still loads up as normal and just use the remote control to reinstall the UBTV app and this only takes a few seconds and you are as good as new.

@tmburrows. On the main screen click on the Live VOD and then Live TV... This is the chinese language version of UBTV with all the channels in Chinese but easy to work out... It's the same sequence and channels as UBTV. The channels here don't stall like they do in UBTV. Was watching EPL football on Eleven Sports 2 and that was fine. BEIN Sports is also the premier league football channel. Sky Football and Bt Sports channels have disappeared again. Also in the USA category there's BBC1 and that was a solid connection with no buffering even on my mum's slow village Internet!

So try Live VOD and see if that makes a difference.

chuckster007 likes this.

It's crap lately and I find Kodi is crap too...the only.app that seems to work flawlessly on the UBOX is YouTube