Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By shri

seeking used 40+ inches HD TV

seeking used 40+ inches HD TV

I have been looking at GeoExpat classified lately, and asked interesting offerings of used 40+" HD TV. But have received no response so far.
    Please tell me any other Hong Kong classified used 40+" HD TV offerings at reasonable prices?

Since I will only be in Hong Kong for a month, I do not wish to spent several thousands of dollars.

Thank you.

Why bother with a TV at all for a month?

Carousel.

imparanoic likes this.

best to keep our little one entertain and occupy

chuckster007 likes this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Another question, for short term use, is it better to buy a off brand 43" LCD HDTV (1080p) for HKD$2000 instead of paying the same amount for name brand old used TV? Thank you. Is there any off brand you recommend for reasonable durability? Thank you.

https://www.price.com.hk/category.ph...2&gp=15&sort=4

you can buy a second hand TV from the New Capital Computer Plaza at Sham Shui Po. (I can't remember whether on the 1st or 2nd floor.) I think it's under HK$2000.

Re-sell it back to the shop at the end of the month.

brands like tcl, konka, skyworth and other china brands will last more than a month i can assure you. they sell these at fortress/ broadway also (local electrical stores).
    usually tvs lasts a few yrs if you use it like they are supposed to be used and not any other way! once yore done with it then you can sell it on and recoup!

Actually the problem with those brands is, they will last very well, if you pass the first week test.. i.e. if you don't have problem during the first week. In fact most electronics are similar, if its a lemon it will show quite fast... and i guess these cheap brands have higher probability of being lemon.

But that said, if you buy an old one, even though it was working well, say, for like 5 years... the problem is the TV has been sitting there for 5 years, and once you buy and take delivery (the tv going through hills and humps), problems might surface..

So flip a coin and decide.