Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bdw
  • 2 Post By mrdollars

Simple Telly (SmartDNS service) seems to have gone down

Simple Telly (SmartDNS service) seems to have gone down

Hi All,

This is a warning for anyone subscribed to Simple Telly (HK based Smart DNS unblock service) their service has been unavailable for the past 2-3 days and they are not responding to requests for technical support. Today, their website is also inaccessible. Seems to me they have folded or been shut down.

Can anyone recommend an alternative (reliable) unblock service? I want to access Amazon Prime (uk) content and BBC iplayer etc. Thanks in advance!

Update - website back up, but now listed as a Seychelles company and not HK. Wonder what is going on.

bdw

I use dns4me. They have a 7 day trial so nothing to lose to test it out. A unique feature of dns4me is they allow you 3 external IP addresses at the same time (For example home, work, mobile, parent's home) etc so you can use it in multiple locations or share it with family/friends. Both BBC iplayer and Amazon UK (as well as US, Australia, Germany, India, Japan) is supported. I have not done myself, but hear if you are a cheapskate you can sign up to Amazon India for much cheaper that UK, US and still get most of the same shows.

mrdollars likes this.

unblock-us.com is what I've used for the past few years.

Seconding dns4me - 7 day free trial, works fine.

Thanks for the responses. Anyone use Unlocator?

Ok, I've gone for dns4me. Thanks for the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars
    Thanks for the responses. Anyone use Unlocator?
    Yes I do, been using them for years. Used to be a bit patchy in getting BBC to connect but as of late it's been faultless. They have some fairly good online instructions on setups, such as on how to get iPlayer streaming on chromecast.

Signed up with dns4me, so far everything just works as it should. I like the fact that they give you 3 locations to register your IP address - you can use it from work, home, friend's house for example. Thanks for the recommendations.

bdw and robertlempriere like this.

I have been using Getflix since the big purge a couple of years back and it has been fine.