Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By CarterTG
  • 1 Post By imparanoic
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Convert mini plug output to Bluetooth?

Convert mini plug output to Bluetooth?

So I have this audio device that I can plug headphones in. Is there a device that I can use to plug in the same jack but convert to Bluetooth so I can use Bluetooth speakers instead. Thanks.

Seems theyre listed under Amazon as Bluetooth transmitters

Typical headphone jacks are often called 1/8 inch jacks

imparanoic and Grumbler like this.

I have one avantree 3.5mm Bluetooth transmitter, OK, but it's a bit fiddly to use, around hkd 300

Grumbler likes this.

Anything for high quality audio?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler
    Avantree is ok, just fiddly to set up, as Bluetooth transmitter, but the limitations of Bluetooth (4.2 or lower) is that it has low bitrate as it's 20 year technology.

If you want higher quality audio, may be use your phone transmitter

But to be honest, unless you invest on high resolution wireless audio such as ldac or aptx hd or even Bluetooth 5 which has high bitrate,

So I have this audio device that I can plug headphones in. Is there a device that I can use to plug in the same jack but convert to Bluetooth so I can use Bluetooth speakers instead. Thanks.
    Go to a Xiaomi store and they sell one, normally used for headphones.

if you looking out for the future, regular bluetooth at 320kbps is almost 25 year old technology, hence, current standards war is high resolution wireless, bluetooth 5 (most recent, but so few equipment use it 600kbps), aptx hd (600kbps, earlier standard, more equipment support so far) and Ldac (sony format, standard on andriod 8.0 subject to licencing, support highest bitrate 990kbps), the difference is like watching DVDs and then watching the same film on 4k HDR bluray

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus
    Go to a Xiaomi store and they sell one, normally used for headphones.
    I think you're wrong, I believe the OP wants a bluetooth transmitter (audio -> bluetooth) not an bluetooth receiver which is the other way round and xiaomi and other electronics stores commonly sells, on the other hand, bluetooth transmitters are a lot rarier.
    robertlempriere likes this.