HELP! where can i get a cheap new/used ps2?

Closed Thread

HELP! where can i get a cheap new/used ps2?

Im a bit new here in hong kong and i want to buy a ps2 but the ones I was saw on Tsim Sha Tsui are quite expensive!(HKD1700+). Where can i buy a cheaper one? i also want it to be modified, any suggestions would really be appreciated.

cheapest ps2 is most likely avalible at this forum's classified or Hong Kong Expat - Hong Kong apartments, expat relocation, Hong Kong serviced apartments, Hong Kong property, Hong Kong property for rent, apartments for rent classified

alternatively yahoo auction ( sadly only in chinese) or ebay hk ( not popular within hk)

You should be albe to get a good second hand original ps2 (SCPH1xxxx. scph 3xxxxx, scph5xxxxx) for HK$500 or slimline ver of HK$700 ( scph7xxxx) with games most of them are modified within hk.

if you want to buy one from a shop most likely and cheapest places are sham shui po's golden arcade shopping centre ( exit d sham shui po mtr)or wan chai's 188 ( wan chai road) but expect to pay HK$800-HK$900 for second hand, HK$1000 for a new one.

if you want copied games write me a pm and tell where within hk to get some ( copies as you wait usually 40mins) however, not all games are in english.

I have an unmodded US PS2 with two original games (Time Crisis 2 and one other), 1 controller, memory card, light gun (all black). Barely played and in original box. Interested?

Quote Originally Posted by revanche:
    Tsim Sha Tsui are quite expensive!
    Don't buy electronics in TST.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    Don't buy electronics in TST.
    Second that, that place is for tourist and they rip you off big time, expect prices to be at least 50% more or even 100% is not odd.

IMHO, dont buy a second hand unless you know for sure it was kept in good shape, reason because the manufactured laser head on PS2 is crap to begin with, alot of copy dvd's/cd's are poorly made leaving the laser head to work extra hard to read it, causing deterioration faster then normal.

I bought a brand new ps2 (slimline) over a year ago and it's still going strong, I paid 1600 for it modded + a extra controller.

another note, stores wont mod your ps2 now because it's illegal and they get fined quite heavy if they are caught, unless you know them, they wont do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    I have an unmodded US PS2 with two original games (Time Crisis 2 and one other), 1 controller, memory card, light gun (all black). Barely played and in original box. Interested?
    I have a bunch of old games - GTA3, fifa, snooker, some more that I can't remember. Yours for a pint

edit: all European version

wow! modding a ps2 is that expensive? hmmm

well thanks a lot for the help... i was originally looking for a psp that can play downloaded games but i soon found out, that needs pandora hacking and i cant understand/speak cantonesse thats why i changed my mind about it..

thanks again!

Head to 188 Wan Chai road, go up the stairs, there should be loads of shops that sell modded PS2, PSP, Some of these stores can speak basic English.

I'm in the market for a modded slim ps2. Once modded is the ps2 able to play games from anywhere unlike the Wii which is fixed to either PAL or NTSC? Is 188 still the best source of modded ps2s?

if you want to buy one from a shop most likely and cheapest places are sham shui po's golden arcade shopping centre ( exit d sham shui po mtr)or wan chai's 188 ( wan chai road) but expect to pay HK$800-HK$900 for second hand, HK$1000 for a new one, expected to add HK$200 for the mod, however, you chould find a slim modded ps2 for around HK$600 (test before buy) on on online auctions and classified