Like Tree22Likes

Best noise cancelling headphones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

this is what hifi which is a UK based magazine recommendation on wireless and truely wireless earphones and headphones

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/b...eadphones-2020

sony WH-1000xm3 is closed cup headphone design,. Does the WF version have the wired capability?

I can't sleep with closed cup headphones, I can with in-earphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoista
    sony WH-1000xm3 is closed cup headphone design,. Does the WF version have the wired capability?

I can't sleep with closed cup headphones, I can with in-earphones.
    WH-1000xm3 - closed full size headphones,
    WF-1000xm3 - truely wireless in earphones (but no wire mode)
    Wi-1000xm2 - over the neck band in ear phones (3.5mm wired mode and airplane adaptor)

there is another sony one wired and noise cancelling has usb type c

https://www.slashgear.com/sony-wi-10...ling-05590013/
    Last edited by imparanoic; 17-01-2020 at 05:08 PM.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    what mobile phone are you using? are you looking for truely wireless or you don't mind any wireless headphones, my personal opinion, go to DMA audio and test these earphones /headphones and see what suits your needs
    Apple iPhone.

I'm not keen on wireless bud types - I tried the Apple ones and they fell out from time to time.

I'll pay DMA a visit.

Thanks for all the helpful replies and the links. I'll go and try a few and see which are the most comfortable + block out the most background noise.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    Thanks for all the helpful replies and the links. I'll go and try a few and see which are the most comfortable + block out the most background noise.
    Probably wi-1000mx3 just released, best bet for you, Sony centre has them.

I would buy two.

Now, a lot of people may scoff when I say two, but the most significant usage you are going to have is
    - Coffee Shops/Office Spaces
    - On the move
    - At the gym

First, the AirPods Pro, assuming you are an Apple User, already. Incredible convenience, pretty good noise cancelling when you are on the move or in the gym. And pretty good for streaming audio and podcasts. You can take a pod out to have a brief conversation, order things etc and pick up where you left off.

Second, for longer wear and especially in places like coffee shops, malls etc. skip Bose and Sony and go cheaper end Plantronics. Their over-ear headphones are quite solid, great noise cancelling and pretty stellar audio range. They have an amazing battery life and give you 2 hrs of juice on a 10 min charge (off a laptop). Most of these over ear ones, tend to have external controls so you can focus and don’t have to pick up your phone to skip a song etc.

This is all assuming you would choose function over form...

Quote Originally Posted by rkenia852
    I would buy two.

Now, a lot of people may scoff when I say two, but the most significant usage you are going to have is
    - Coffee Shops/Office Spaces
    - On the move
    - At the gym

First, the AirPods Pro, assuming you are an Apple User, already. Incredible convenience, pretty good noise cancelling when you are on the move or in the gym. And pretty good for streaming audio and podcasts. You can take a pod out to have a brief conversation, order things etc and pick up where you left off.

Second, for longer wear and especially in places like coffee shops, malls etc. skip Bose and Sony and go cheaper end Plantronics. Their over-ear headphones are quite solid, great noise cancelling and pretty stellar audio range. They have an amazing battery life and give you 2 hrs of juice on a 10 min charge (off a laptop). Most of these over ear ones, tend to have external controls so you can focus and don’t have to pick up your phone to skip a song etc.

This is all assuming you would choose function over form...
    Does plantonics support high resolution wireless audio? Ldac, aptx HD or Bluetooth 5, after all, Bluetooth 4.2 is over 20 year technology and sounds a bit compressed due to low bitrate.

Very useful thread, everyone!

Any suggestions regarding a *wired* headset with good noise cancelling feature? Ideally not full over the ear cup, because, as people correctly noticed, Hong Kong weather isn't great for this kind of device. I also don't care that much about audio quality, since I only listen to audio books.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3