Like Tree15Likes

Ubox UBTV not working anymore?

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    213

    Ubox UBTV not working anymore?

    I have an Ubox and my wife is using it since a couple of years to watch Japanese TV channels with the UBTV app. However, since a few days it seems that this app is not working any more. Searching for a solution I noticed that there is a new app by UB which provides live TV channels. This new app has two noticeable disadvantages though:
    (1) it has far fewer Japanese TV channels. The channels which remained are not of interest.
    (2) regularly the synchronisation between video and audio is lost.

    Others in my neighbourhood, who have the same box, have noticed the same: UBTV app not working and poor audio/video synchronisation.

    Is there a way to get the UBTV app back alive? Alternatively, is there a way to get the missing TV channels in this new app?
    Of course have I sent a message to Ublock via their website, but received no response.


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65:
    I have an Ubox and my wife is using it since a couple of years to watch Japanese TV channels with the UBTV app. However, since a few days it seems that this app is not working any more. Searching for a solution I noticed that there is a new app by UB which provides live TV channels. This new app has two noticeable disadvantages though:
    (1) it has far fewer Japanese TV channels. The channels which remained are not of interest.
    (2) regularly the synchronisation between video and audio is lost.

    Others in my neighbourhood, who have the same box, have noticed the same: UBTV app not working and poor audio/video synchronisation.

    Is there a way to get the UBTV app back alive? Alternatively, is there a way to get the missing TV channels in this new app?
    Of course have I sent a message to Ublock via their website, but received no response.
    I have the same problem, except the new UBLive app doesn't give me any audio sync issues. The choice of Japanese TV options is indeed lacking though. I remember I saw brief flash in the Chinese text that appears when starting something about "UBTV2.0 next month", so hopefully they are working on a new version?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    I have the same problem, except the new UBLive app doesn't give me any audio sync issues. The choice of Japanese TV options is indeed lacking though. I remember I saw brief flash in the Chinese text that appears when starting something about "UBTV2.0 next month", so hopefully they are working on a new version?
    Thank you for chiming in. We can't read Chinese, so we don't know what the text means that scrolls on the top side of the screen.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    4,679

    is this problem in all 3 ubtv apps??


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65:
    Is there a way to get the UBTV app back alive? Alternatively, is there a way to get the missing TV channels in this new app?
    Those boxes only last a few years and then the list of channels starts to dwindle usually.

    I have a spare box for sale with good content if interested. Send me a PM.
    Sridhar likes this.

  6. #6
    bdw
    bdw is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,822

    Yeah same problem for me in Australia. It does seem like they are making changes, even last night, so I'm hoping things come back. The new app originally just gave me errors and didnt work at all, until I uninstalled and re-installed, now it works but far fewer channel options. The old app is still there on my box if you go into the detailed app screen, can open it and see all the old channels, but seems like none of them are loading.

    fyi, if you are looking for Japanese content, try the TVer app. It's not live channels, but seems to be all the major Japanese networks put their shows on their now as soon as they have aired, so can watch what you want when you want, better than live channels .

    But there are a few tricks to getting TVer to work in Hong Kong because it's locked to Japanese region only. Firstly, you won't find the app in google play, but if you google search "TVer apk" you can download it, chuck it on a USB stick, plug it into the ubox, then install it from the file manager. Secondly, you need a smartdns that unlocks Tver outside of Japan, I confirm that it works with dns4me, they have a free trial period so you can test it out, after that is only a few $ per month. Thirdly, the app doesnt work very well with the UBOX remote (need to use mouse mode and cannot scroll up and down and sideways very well). But this problem is easily fixed by plugging a regular mouse into the Ubox and using that. I've also just ordered from Aliexpress a mini backlit keyboard/touchpad device thingy that can plug into the ubox and should give it better control options.

    So TVer is how my Japanese wife is surviving during this crisis period

    chuckster007 likes this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    4,679
    Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    I have a spare box for sale with good content if interested. Send me a PM.
    What magical box are you trying to sell.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Those boxes only last a few years and then the list of channels starts to dwindle usually.

    I have a spare box for sale with good content if interested. Send me a PM.
    I'm living in Malaysia and there are many different boxes for sale. However, almost all of them do not offer Japanese live TV. Ubox is one of the very few exceptions. Which is why I want to hang on to this box for as long as possible. Unblocktech has proven to be quite reliable in the last ~5 years, so I hope that they will fix the current issue as well.
    chuckster007, bdw and Gatts like this.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    4,679

    @Windmill65 what version Ubox are you using.


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    @Windmill65 what version Ubox are you using.
    I had to look that one up. The stickers on the front say "4K Gen 2". Does this answer your question?

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast