Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jw1701
  • 1 Post By rkenia852
  • 1 Post By shri

Are you a Patreon?

Are you a Patreon?

What is Patreon?
    An internet-based platform that allows content creators to build their own subscription content service. (with a 10%-15% handling fee)

Freebies on Youtube with early or better content through Patreon

Do you pay any content creators through Patreon or similar platform?

Pff, Patreon is nothing more than digital panhandling.

I put a few US$ into Patreon per month - I tend to have a fairly fixed/limited budget, so I mostly do one-in, one-out for people I support...

I do - and not super thrilled about Patreons way of operating - but it definitely puts money in the wallets of people that are serving others through their art and creativity.

huja likes this.

If the content is good its worth supporting them. I find there is not much advantage been a patreon supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Pff, Patreon is nothing more than digital panhandling.
    There are far cheaper ways to implement regular subscription or one time payments for your content or services than Patreon. Unfortunately they require some effort and thought from what I've seen.

Many of the tutorial / developer sites I use have decent and cheap enough annual plans that I subscribe to without all the drama of being pitched Patreon regularly.

I've not been sold on the Patreon model as a revenue generator. But then I'm super conservative and probably have out dated views on "stuff".
    huja likes this.

I love some of the stuff Jack Conte (CEO Patreon) does with his bands Pomplamoose and Scary Pockets. He's a very talented guy (The cool dude on keys in the video below)

https://youtu.be/VHtV3N8Otcs

China uncensored is a good one to support via Patreon given youtube likes to demonetize them

Sage and muzzdang like this.

I think Patreon is a good initiative, if I had to subscribe to one it would probably be MassivelyOP.

Quote Originally Posted by jw1701:
    China uncensored is a good one to support via Patreon given youtube likes to demonetize them
    the CCP would like to know your location