Like Tree8Likes

Unblock Tech Ubox Gen8 Stopped Working

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation

UBOX4 seems to have crapped out for good, suddenly won't connect any apps.

Since we got fiber (and mesh router which is not quite eth upgrade I thought it would be) UBOX has not been able to connect to Wi-Fi, just loops from connecting>saved, but have a lan cable so it shouldn't matter but now even some of its home screen apps aren't working.

The "popular tile" doesn't load any more, no amount of restarting etc, playing with settings works. The UBTV app has always had issues but Kodi and YT would work but now nothing. Any ideas on how to resolve? Is it even worth getting the UBOX9? Or is it also plagued by the same issues?

1st gen Chromecast has also crapped out so no streaming at all ATM, looking to get a Roku or new Chrome TV but will miss having the UBTV channels for news and occasional sports.

Also have NowTV box but opened it up and it looks like a 90s website landing page with popup ads!

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Cornmeal; 27-03-2022 at 11:52 AM.

It might be time for an upgrade.

My Ubox9 and Ubox Pro2 are running smoothly.

Last edited by ArrynField; 27-03-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    Cornmeal likes this.

they offer zero useful customer service and should be banned I had U8- it lasted 3 weeks - I bought it online so nowhere to take it to

They offer a 1 year warranty.

https://www.unblocktech.com/en/about/80.html

Quote Originally Posted by dynamco:
    they offer zero useful customer service and should be banned I had U8- it lasted 3 weeks - I bought it online so nowhere to take it to

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    UBOX4 seems to have crapped out for good, suddenly won't connect any apps.
    Went to Mother In Laws for dinner and i have Ubox 4 & pro set up there, my sister in law said both boxes didnt work as it need updating, so i updated both boxes through the inbox app market and it worked fine afterwards.

Have u tried updating like above??
    Cornmeal and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Went to Mother In Laws for dinner and i have Ubox 4 & pro set up there, my sister in law said both boxes didnt work as it need updating, so i updated both boxes through the inbox app market and it worked fine afterwards.

Have u tried updating like above??
    Well, I managed to get it going again by going through the setup procedure (select lang, network etc.)! So now UBTV and Kodi are back up but YT and Netflix don't work.

There aren't any updates listed (unless it's buried somewhere I'm not looking?), is there somewhere to download them and use the usb to do it manually?

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    They offer a 1 year warranty.

https://www.unblocktech.com/en/about/80.html
    their 'warranty' involves sending you a 100Mb file with instructions to stop your antivirus program befioe loading it, then you have to buy and SD card and card writer/reader , then connect their crap piece of hardware and run the program yourself with antivirus disabled- so much for Warranty Anyone from China who asks you to shut down your computer antivirus program and run their software is 'trustworthy'?

Unhappy Ubox 8 not starting past 1st screen

Quote Originally Posted by AEO:
    I had the same problem. I emailed UB who then sent me some software to install. I forwarded it to the shop where I bought it and also dropped off the box to them and they did the installation.

All good now.
    I bought this Ubox8 for over a year n half now.
    It doesnt load past the opening screen. I hv turn off, on again multiple times. Also left power off for 16hrs, still no joy.
    Can anyone pls help?? Thks
    Last edited by kcyong33; 13-07-2023 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Ubox 9 instead of Ubox8

You can try to do a hard reset by unplugging the power, plugging back the power and press power button repeatedly. See below video for instructions

https://youtu.be/7BGuk9SfdRc

Quote Originally Posted by kcyong33:
    I bought this Ubox8 for over a year n half now.
    It doesnt load past the opening screen. I hv turn off, on again multiple times. Also left power off for 16hrs, still no joy.
    Can anyone pls help?? Thks

ok thks. Will try it