Like Tree8Likes

Unblock Tech Ubox Gen8 Stopped Working

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Unblock Tech Ubox Gen8 Stopped Working

Recently I have purchased Unblock Tech Ubox Gen8. It had been working fine for a couple of weeks, then suddenly it stopped working and only display the android robot with its belly up and open on the display (screenshot attached). Does anybody know how to hard-reset the device? Thanks.

Oh something similar happened to me, I bought it on a sunday then on a wed it needed upgrading which I did and i restarted it and it wouldnt load up, it got stuck with the Unblock Tech company name screen, I couldnt find any way to hard-rest it or find any videos so i took it back to the shop and they luckily swapped it with a new one.

I had it working for a week now and then suddenly I saw a pop up asking for upgrade yesterday which I ignored and then after a while as my daughter was watching cartoons the whole box turned off suddenly, it would not power up again.

I tried to leave it off for a while and power up but no sign of life. I unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in but no sign of life also. Im not sure if the shop will entertain me anymore as its already over 7 days aiya.

There goes 980$ down the drain. Ill have to try and get some sympathy from the shop as I regularly do buy stuff from him. lets see what happens LOL

That sucks, I've had 3 or 4 unblock boxes over the last 7 or 8 years and they update on a regular basis without crapping out on me. But I don't have the gen8.

If the store doesn't help you out, I suggest you get in touch with unblock directly via one of the means below:

E-mail:[email protected]
    WeChat ID:unblocktech
    Telephone:+852 81926558(Hong Kong)
    Live Chat: 留言板

this is what it was stuck at after my previous update

Name:  Screenshot_20210203-132855_Gallery.jpg
Views: 26111
Size:  471.7 KB

@chuckster007, sorry to hear that. Mine gets passed that Unblock Tech logo screen and got stuck with the android robot image. I figured that there is a hard reset button inside the audio jack, but it didn't work (pressing the hard reset button and power up).
    I bought it from a US seller and I got no response for my return or support request from them. I contacted the Unblock Tech support, but they told me I should contact the seller. Well, if I find the solution, I will post it here. Cheers~

Haha I had this happen to one of our Ubox 5’s which I have 2, I bought 5 before we moved to Aussie, gifts for long term friends.One of my two hasn’t missed a beat but the second one got into this won’t get passed the boot up splash screen loop and just hangs 90% of the time.

The second one did it when we were still living in HK, went back to the UBTV service counter up some old decrepit building with a dodgy lift, near Mong Kok, handed it over to the girl at the counter, waited about 30 minutes while they pretended to test it out back etc and they gave me a box, me thinking they replaced it. Got home and it was the same box! Mother fuckers lol

Anyway, we got 4 - 5 years use out of the one that works and all the others I gave to friends still work, so that’s not too bad.

I must admit, I haven’t touched the UBOX since I big time upgraded to a Beelink GT King, but the missus still uses it to watch TVB soap operas and HK news etc.

csjo1113 likes this.

The seller had accepted my return request and it was refunded. In the meantime, I have purchased EVPAD 5P and I'm vey happy with it so far (more friendly to non-chinese speaking person). To be fair to UB Gen8, my friend had purchased it at the same time, and he has no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    There goes 980$ down the drain. Ill have to try and get some sympathy from the shop as I regularly do buy stuff from him. lets see what happens LOL
    Update to my previous bad luck, i took my already exchanged Gen 8 back to the shop and left it there for them to try out, a few days later they called me saying to bring back the whole box and they will give me a new one, the box that doesnt turn on is being returned back to UNBLOCK in China. So I am on my 3rd Gen 8 now fingers crossed 3rd time lucky.

Phew
    Skyhook, bdw and MarkGavin like this.

I had the same problem. I emailed UB who then sent me some software to install. I forwarded it to the shop where I bought it and also dropped off the box to them and they did the installation.

All good now.

Last edited by AEO; 13-03-2021 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Grammar

Stuck in upgrade cycle

Have the gen8. Apparently stuck in upgrade cycle. Doesn’t seem to matter which option I choose on the screen-keeps coming back to this. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast