Like Tree12Likes

Buying a Steam Deck in Hong Kong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by larrysanchez:
    YOu better wait out for a couple of months after the launch, there are some issues with the battery.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6500461/
    That doesn't sound too much of an issue with the battery, more like if you turn the GPU to full power, it will kill the battery faster than usual. The additional power is there, if you need it. I guess that's an option other consoles or handhelds won't offer. I'd still like to have a pre-set profile for each game's settings fixing all the stuff so it fits the Steam Deck specs, I reckon they must be working on that.I reckon it should already choose normal battery saving settings.

timonoj likes this.

once i can play civ 5 or 6 on this, my life will be over. Though maybe with the social distancing restrictions it wont matter that much...would make QT pass so much quicker tho!

Cheeky Kiwi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    once i can play civ 5 or 6 on this, my life will be over. Though maybe with the social distancing restrictions it wont matter that much...would make QT pass so much quicker tho!
    https://youtu.be/ZKYQG8M6tLE?t=305

RIP @Shiojiri Hiro
    vmlinuz likes this.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...83219974962933

(Since I've been - temporarily for now - in the UK for a few months, I moved my Steam location and ordered a Deck. Currently in the new Q4 bucket...)
    timonoj and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

Thanks! I also got my brother to book another one in Canada, since I might be there in a month or so.

EDIT: ...holy gouging Batman! CAD price of the 512GB NVME version is CAD499 which roughly translates to... HK$3048. Komodo price...HK$5488. That's an extra HK$2500 just because they can.

Last edited by timonoj; 04-08-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Thanks! I also got my brother to book another one in Canada, since I might be there in a month or so.

EDIT: ...holy gouging Batman! CAD price of the 512GB NVME version is CAD499 which roughly translates to... HK$3048. Komodo price...HK$5488. That's an extra HK$2500 just because they can.
    EDIT2: Shit...sorry for the misinformation. I read the price wrong on the Canadian website. The 512GB NVME is actually CAD820, which puts it at HK$5000. So sure, a slight overprice, but nothing of the like I was thinking. Sorry for any confusion!
    shri likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2