Like Tree53Likes

Buying a Steam Deck in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

I mean...I just play Civ 6 a lot...and just finished two point campus over the long weekend. the days of COD etc are over... :-(

Steam Deck is now available for direct purchase, without booking...In the Americas. Asian Komodo still stuck with booking and waiting lists.

I should have reported back - I finally got mine a few weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with it! Trying to separate my gaming from my main PC, and while it's not perfect, it's very good considering what it is and what it costs...

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    I should have reported back - I finally got mine a few weeks ago and I'm pretty happy with it! Trying to separate my gaming from my main PC, and while it's not perfect, it's very good considering what it is and what it costs...
    Thanks! How did you get it in the end? I might be open to consider some reshipping from the US or similar...

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Thanks! How did you get it in the end? I might be open to consider some reshipping from the US or similar...
    Sent it to my parents' place - which is my UK correspondence address anyway - and they reshipped it to me. Took 10-11 days to get from their local post office onto a plane, then 10-11 hours to get from HKG into my hands! Dunno how you'd get on using a commercial reshipper, if there's anything in place to stop that.

Sent it to my parents' place - which is my UK correspondence address anyway - and they reshipped it to me. Took 10-11 days to get from their local post office onto a plane, then 10-11 hours to get from HKG into my hands! Dunno how you'd get on using a commercial reshipper, if there's anything in place to stop that.
    Yeah...In theory I have family in Canada whom I could ship it to. But not sure about how much that re-shipping would be. How heavy is the package? Is there any other consideration to take into account for sending it to, say, DHL or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Yeah...In theory I have family in Canada whom I could ship it to. But not sure about how much that re-shipping would be. How heavy is the package? Is there any other consideration to take into account for sending it to, say, DHL or similar?
    Ok, so... When it arrived, I asked my mum to weigh and measure the box, so I can tell you it was 1.65kg, 43x16x9cm. I looked at the various courier companies, DHL and FedEx wanted quite a lot of money to ship it, UPS was much cheaper - around £30 - so I booked with them. Once I'd booked, however, they told me because I'd given them the true value we couldn't drop it off at the local shop, had to take it to their service center across town... I booked a driver to come collect it from my parents, when he turned up he refused to take it because the customs paperwork was apparently wrong.

So I booked again with Parcelforce, which is the parcel service of the UK Post Office (think Speedpost in HK) - around £40 this time including cover up to the non-trivial value. They managed to generate the correct papers, my mum dropped it off at the local post office, and apart from it taking quite a while, no problem from there.

Apart from things like customs paperwork - which would all be on the sending end, since HK doesn't care - it should be easy. Obviously it does have a battery, but since it's 'sealed' into the equipment I think most people would accept it without any issue...
    timonoj and shri like this.

Ok, so... When it arrived, I asked my mum to weigh and measure the box, so I can tell you it was 1.65kg, 43x16x9cm. I looked at the various courier companies, DHL and FedEx wanted quite a lot of money to ship it, UPS was much cheaper - around £30 - so I booked with them. Once I'd booked, however, they told me because I'd given them the true value we couldn't drop it off at the local shop, had to take it to their service center across town... I booked a driver to come collect it from my parents, when he turned up he refused to take it because the customs paperwork was apparently wrong.

So I booked again with Parcelforce, which is the parcel service of the UK Post Office (think Speedpost in HK) - around £40 this time including cover up to the non-trivial value. They managed to generate the correct papers, my mum dropped it off at the local post office, and apart from it taking quite a while, no problem from there.

Apart from things like customs paperwork - which would all be on the sending end, since HK doesn't care - it should be easy. Obviously it does have a battery, but since it's 'sealed' into the equipment I think most people would accept it without any issue...
    Thanks a lot! I was fearing it'd be an adventure like what you described. I'll think about it...Canada might make it also non-trivial to ship.

It’s available in HK directly ! HK$3288/4388/5488 for 64/256/512GB models.

https://steamdeck.komodo.jp/product/...-kong/?lang=en

I have accepted that I am no longer a gamer. I only play Mr Driller (DC emulation). I 'pretended' to still be a gamer about 5-6 years ago when I bought a eGPU, but even then I probably spent more time installing the games than actually playing them.

Peaky, shri and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast