Like Tree12Likes

Buying a Steam Deck in Hong Kong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying a Steam Deck in Hong Kong?

Hi guys!

Being Steam Deck about to be released to the world (Feb 25th I believe), there's no delivery for HK as of yet. Is there any shop that you guys know could reliably offer it...without a crazy overcharge?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OAqvtlgfGA

Thanks!

No idea. I was just going to wait it out. I just want it to play Baku Baku Bomberman on a Saturn emulator LOL

If it's only for emulators, you might want to pay some attention to the Switch...it has a very lively homebrew community.
    https://primagames.com/news/sega-sat...intendo-switch

even price.com.hk doesnt have any listing of offerings so I think its going to be hard to get one being offered in HK.

expansy.com.hk has steam deck for pre-order BUT NO PRICE

timonoj and ArrynField like this.

Saturn emulation is tricky. There is a Cotton hack for the switch and its not bad. A little slow and music is corrupted. Mednafen on Windows can emulate it almost perfectly. My serious gaming days are long gone but I did want to preorder the steam deck, but like you found Hong Kong is no go.

i wonder how well Civ 5 or 6 would work on the steam deck...?

I'd go around Golden Arcade in SSP and enquire.

Like the PS5, if there is a huge shortage, the price will be standard across HK.

Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

though i wonder if Golden arcade and 'malls' of that ilk will force LHS.

Also, SSP is one of the covid centres right now, so perhaps try getting it overseas and then posted to you by a friend?

Or just wait. i think in one of the other threads someone has a hook up with an 'honest' guy who has a stall in one of the computer malls (i think it's the router thread)

timonoj likes this.

They're going to be gold dust for quite a while, I think - Valve don't have anything like the manufacturing capacity (or financial reserves to secure more capacity) that Sony/MS/Nintendo have, plus it's a far more experimental device even than the Switch. They've also made it fairly hard for scalpers to get hold of them in any quantity by limiting pre-sales to Steam accounts in supported countries with genuine histories...

I reckon I'll wait until I'm back in the UK this summer and - assuming they've launched successfully - try to get hold of one there.

timonoj and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

YOu better wait out for a couple of months after the launch, there are some issues with the battery.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/th.../1100-6500461/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast