Like Tree6Likes

Where to buy used English PS5 games on disc?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where to buy used English PS5 games on disc?

Hi, does anybody know where to buy used English PS5 games on disc in Hong Kong? Don't most of the stores that sell used PS5 games, only sell versions with Japanese language only?

I would like to know. Trying to decide between the PS5 disc version or PS5 digital version. If I can't really buy used PS5 games in English on disc in Hong Kong, I'll just go with the PS5 digital version. Thanks!

Last edited by orionx999; 18-01-2023 at 03:54 PM.

you can buy from amazon and have it shipped here. the ps5 store is doing a sale right now so the digital game might be cheaper.

orionx999 likes this.

All games in Hong Kong are in English?

Sometimes the box might be in Cantonese but the game will still have the option of English.

Digital price and physical price there is not much of a difference. If you like having the physical copy and want some 'resell value', avoid the digital PS5. There are always sales but not for any recent games that can be picked up second hand for cheap.

orionx999 likes this.

Some games are region locked even on the digital version, elden ring for example, i pre-orderd through the store and in Asia you could only download the Chinese version in HK. I ended up getting a refund and finding the English version on disc (not used i should add) in the game shop inside Wanchai Computer Centre.

As it turns out i hated the game and sold it to someone for a heavy discount after not much play time but i digress.

TLDR: The disc version is better to get regardless for certain games that you would otherwise intend to download.

orionx999 and Insomnia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Some games are region locked even on the digital version, elden ring for example, i pre-orderd through the store and in Asia you could only download the Chinese version in HK. I ended up getting a refund and finding the English version on disc (not used i should add) in the game shop inside Wanchai Computer Centre.

As it turns out i hated the game and sold it to someone for a heavy discount after not much play time but i digress.

TLDR: The disc version is better to get regardless for certain games that you would otherwise intend to download.
    Ahh thanks, that's very useful information! Yeah, if you can get English versions of games, especially if they are second hand and cheaper, I may consider getting the disc version of the PS5.

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    you can buy from amazon and have it shipped here. the ps5 store is doing a sale right now so the digital game might be cheaper.
    Yeah, I checked a few used PS5 games on Amazon. The shipping fee is about $10 to $15 USD. For a used game, the shipping cost makes the game a little more costly. Something I may consider though.

Best of course is if there are stores in HK that sell used, second hand PS5 games in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiga:
    All games in Hong Kong are in English?

Sometimes the box might be in Cantonese but the game will still have the option of English.

Digital price and physical price there is not much of a difference. If you like having the physical copy and want some 'resell value', avoid the digital PS5. There are always sales but not for any recent games that can be picked up second hand for cheap.
    Oh cool. I am definitely interested in second hand games, I just want to make sure they are in English.

Quote Originally Posted by orionx999:
    Oh cool. I am definitely interested in second hand games, I just want to make sure they are in English.
    There’s also a PlayStation focused group on fb where people sell and trade games with eachother. If you search (Hong kong) playstation secondhand. It’s not super active but has over 300 members

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    There’s also a PlayStation focused group on fb where people sell and trade games with eachother. If you search (Hong kong) playstation secondhand. It’s not super active but has over 300 members
    Hi, in Facebook, I searched for "Hong Kong playstation second hand" and I could not find the group you mentioned:

Name:  FacebookGroups.png
Views: 119
Size:  114.2 KB

I also searched in Google and I couldn't find this Facebook group either that you mentioned. Do you have the link to the Facebook group so I can go to that group directly? Thanks.

Most second hand games are likely to be JRPGs of some sort.

Sham Shui Po will have some second hand games, but there won't be many, the console was scarce for quite a while. Can always look at Carousell for bargains.

orionx999 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast