Like Tree2Likes

Best Home Theater Projector

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Home Theater Projector

which is best home theater available in Hong Kong, any good suggestion for home?
    wifi, good speaker, netflix, youtube kind of apps installed, remote control etc should be good to have in this projector.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontol:
    which is best home theater available in Hong Kong, any good suggestion for home?
    wifi, good speaker, netflix, youtube kind of apps installed, remote control etc should be good to have in this projector.
    Your questions are a bit too generic for me to answer.

Let me ask: How large is the room ie how far will you be sitting from your screen?

What style/type of screen are you planning to purchase.
    Are you planning to use an existing av receiver for sound and video switching between devices or will you be using the projector for sound etc like a TV?
    How much is your expected budget?

Answer those and I can better figure out what it is that you actually want.

distance between two walls is 106 inches. hence distance from wall to where i would seat may be 95 inches. the purpose is to watch some apps like youtube, netflix for limited hours before sleeping. I would like to go for lower budget as i found few highly rated ones are available on Amazon under USD 120

is Xiaomi smart projector 2 ok?

I'm still using a XGIMI H1. It's a bit long in the tooth, 4k 'compatible' but not true 4k output. The chinese firmware/ menu was a hassle for me, not understanding simplified chinese - I couldn't get it to consistently connect to my NAS. I hooked up a Chromecast to the HDMI and it's working well now. The newer XGIMI's seem pretty good too.

nivek2046 likes this.

Sort of related. A long time ago I got a set of Parrot Zikmu speakers with airmiles/ credit card points. Great Starck aesthetics but terrible connectivity (bluetooth and wifi) and they went back into their box for a long time until I picked up a few of the audio Chromecasts when google sold them off cheap when discontinuing them. Now I use them for playing Spotify through and they work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontol:
    I would like to go for lower budget as i found few highly rated ones are available on Amazon under USD 120
    A highly rated projector for 120 USD? Ok we have different preferences of highly rated, would like to know how much a low rated projector costs

120USD? I think even my old XGIMI would cost more than that used on carousell or the 'Bay. I really wouldn't expect much for 120.

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chobochobo:
    120USD? I think even my old XGIMI would cost more than that used on carousell or the 'Bay. I really wouldn't expect much for 120.
    i checked Amazon and went for its ranking. there are many around USD 100.

$100 USD will get get you a working projector. It will work, but it won’t be very bright. Check the lumens, however it’s most likely inaccurate. You get what you pay for.

Make sure you buy something that has Keystone Correction. You won’t regret it.

Some of the UST 4K projectors look amazing.

XGIMI are actually pretty good and will easily out perform a $100 US projector. Even the Mi Smart Projector 2 is pretty good at around $3000.

Try them out and see which ones you like.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast