any pc engine/turbo grafx fans in hk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

any pc engine/turbo grafx fans in hk

although most people nowadays play with PS3/Xbox360/Wii's

some time classic gaming can be a fond and exciting pastime esp. for big kids like me

just wondering if there is any pc engine/turbo grafx fans within hk, considering that i have fond memories (though both megadrive as well as SNES/Super famicom was also good) of this classic console which was a rare and highly prized console as it was never released officially in europe (thus kick starting the games importing business)

classic games include PC kid/genjin, soldier blade, bomberman, castlevania ronin of blood, magical chase.

first console to have cd option as well as memory card

more popular than megadrive in the far east and japan

any pc engine fans out there!!!

Ah Retro gaming

Used to have a PC engine GT but sold it to finance a move to HK a few years back, I really miss it.

R Type, Gunhed, Splatterhouse.

classic games, yeah!!, splatterhouse was the resident evil of the late 80's, r type was the piniacle of the shoot em up home conversion as the pc engine ver was pretty much arcade perfect ( though level 1-4 was one card and level 5-8 on the second), i have got a prettuy much arcade perfect jave ver of r type for most mobile, if you want it pls pm me.

gunhed is the first quadilogy of soldier series - classic

i know some on selling ( or did a few months a go) a pc engine gt on the other ex pat site - asia expat

have you ever seen the rarest portable pc engine - LT so rare, worth it's wieght in gold, seen on selling in shun woo (sino centre) for a crazy price of HK$3500!!! a few year ago

Hmmmm do I rebuild my collection?

well, depends, many ways of doing this

1- true hardcore and completist also most expensive, but the original hardware and games on auction sites, such as yahoo auction or one a very rare blue moon, ex pat sites (i've got pc games as well as pc engine cd rom combi console via this method)

2 - buy a wii and classic wii pad, download classic pc engine games

3 - modify/hacked firmware on a psp (i used to do this, but not too sure if it works with lastest firmware, help on this would be great, anyone!!), then use an emulator.

4- cheapest, use you pc, a usb pad, (possibly connecting to a tv, cos pc monitor make pc engine games look so blocky) and then use an emulator.

yeah, yeah, finally got my pc engine duo ( hucard + cd rom) shipped over from uk, though not many games, any one want to swap or copy some pc engine cd rom games, i have ( at moment) rare games:-

star parodier (parody of star soldier/bomberman/even a pc engine shoot em up) quite rare,

star parodia, Video Games items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

ginga fukei densetsu sapphire (very rare, worth up to HK$3,000!! on ebay one of last pc engine game) requires arcade card upgrade

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire PC Engine Jap Turbografx on eBay, also PC Engine Games, PC Engine, Vintage Retro Gaming, Video Games (end time 03-Jul-09 16:39:11 BST)

and double dragon 2

Double Dragon 2 PC-Engine HuCARD JAPAN Hu-Card on eBay, also, Games, Video Games (end time 02-Jul-09 09:20:54 BST)

I feel like an twelve year old at xmas time!!

please send me an email

[email protected]

or

9840 0831

ah yeah, i forgot, also works on Turbo Duo ( us ver, 100% compatible with PC engine CD rom games)

deleteduser

I love retro gaming, but I never had a Turbo Graphx growing up, so never had an interest. For me it's all about NES, SNES, and a little bit of Saturn and Dreamcast. And of course, old school arcade games.

snes/super famicom is good, my mate had a good collection, axeley and cybernator/assault suit valken is class.
    saturn has a some rare games, eg, radiant silver gun is worth HK$1,800/US$220

arcade games such as double dragon 2 and dragon ninja vs bad dudes are class

deleteduser

Here's a good buying guide if you're looking to get back into TurboGrafx 16 again

PC Engine Fan: PCEngine / TG16 / Turbo Duo Buyers guide

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast