Broken iTouch - where to fix?

Unhappy Broken iTouch - where to fix?

My daughter dropped her week old iPod Touch on the floor and the screen smashed.

Can anyone recommend a good (ie cheap!) place to get it fixed?

Thanks

sheung wan broad way ( i think it's called) computer shopping on queen rd west has a shop (2 fl) with repairs all iphones, ipod nano and itouch for prices significantly cheaper than apple ( eg, quoted HK$250 for a 1st gen nano screen, but apple changes HK$600) so therefore they will be cheaper than official apple.

alternatively, try sin tat shopping centre in mong kok as ipod touch uses similar screen to i phone thus their repairer can sort you a new screen for your itouch

anyone actually had their iPod touch screens repaired? How much did it cost? Yesterday I was quoted over $2000HKD to get the screen and panel replaced at a store in the Wan Chai Computer Centre. I might aswell buy a new one for that price. I was wanting to check out Sin Tat but would like a ball park figure to see if there's any point....

cheers

If its a week old, try claiming warranty. Even if they refuse to fix it for free, the least they can do is make the cost cheaper. Sometimes negotiation goes a long way. That is if you didn't buy it from an official apple vendor.