American XBOX transformer

Closed Thread

American XBOX transformer

I recently moved to HK and towed my XBOX 360 along with me. I tried hooking my 360 to a transformer I bought, but the whole thing turned off while I was playing. The fuse on the transformer was ok and the light was on, but when I tried testing the transformer with other 110V appliances they didn't turn on. So is my 360 broken now? Where do you guys go to buy transformers for your 360s?

Do you mean you plug the power adaptor (comes with the 360 and transforms 110V (American standard AC) into 12V DC straight into this transformer? That should be ok if its a step up transformer. Better way to get your 360 working is simply to get a new 360 power adaptor which is straight 230V-240V AC to 12V DC as that should work...

I think it's unlikely you've blown up your 360 as I think its got an overload circuit built in... (I certainly haven't manged to break mine yet)... welcome to borrow my 360 adaptor to test your 360...

So the new 220V - 12V adapter worked for you so far? May I ask where you got it? Many thanks!

I kinda had the opposite issue 240V to 110V but I kept my original adapter... I would also try fortress or a computer centre (Wan Chai or Sham Sui Po)/ebay for a similar adaptor

so anyone found a place that sell the power brick yet?or a good transformer for it?

I got mine on Apliu Street in Sham Shui Po. The shop that sells it is next to the shops that sell car modding stuff. My voltage converter is a big black metal box that weighs like 10 pounds, I'm sure you'll find it if you look around that area.

i got a brand new brick in yuen long...is a MS branded..