Wii Update

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Can you soft mod a Wii that already has a Wiikey installed?
    Yes, it's the only way to run a couple of the latest games.

I got a Korean Wii modded with a US (English) OS and Wii-gator Backup Gamma softmod. When I bought it in February the Korean Wii's were the cheapest. I think it was HK$1650 fully modded. (Remember to get a HK power supply and don't let them charge you for it).

I have no problem with various backup games (PAL and NTSC work), can use the Internet Channel, and use the virtual console. I haven't tried network play or the Nintendo shopping channel though.

Can someone recommend a softmod that they have used successfully and point me to the url?

To start with the HomeBrew channel try here:

Homebrew setup - WiiBrew

For loading the latest games I use "softchip r99", I installed Gecko OS too but that didn't work at all for the game I have.

Last edited by MrMoo; 12-09-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Thanks will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by existenz:
    I have no problem with various backup games (PAL and NTSC work), can use the Internet Channel, and use the virtual console. I haven't tried network play or the Nintendo shopping channel though.
    How did you get your virtual console games, if you haven't used the shopping channel yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    How did you get your virtual console games, if you haven't used the shopping channel yet?
    Naturally it must come from a backup from a machine that did access the shopping channel.

You get the backup (WAD file), put it on a SD card, and install it using WAD-installer or WAD-manager from the Homebrew channel (which is usually part of the softmod).
    Last edited by existenz; 13-09-2009 at 12:42 AM.