Best place to buy Home Theatre System?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best place to buy Home Theatre System?

Where is the best place I should go for Home Theatre System with more attractive prices than the usual authorised dealers?

don't
    do : buy components

What are you looking for? Individual components or one-in-all systems? Budget? Any specific requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    What are you looking for? Individual components or one-in-all systems? Budget? Any specific requirements?
    further to racccon's question

Individual components? if you in to performance and better reproduction of home cinema, also allows you expand and upgrade ( all in one will not allow this, eg if you have a new hd set box, media recorder etc...), but this will take up more space and possible increase your budget

or one-in-all systems? convenience, simple, lack real performance and upgrade options/ or to add new equipment.

if you can read chinese or have patience to click ( blindly) through the options

locals use this site for cheapest and best price

香港格價網 Price.com.hk

I was looking at this
    Sony Home AV DAV-FZ900KW - Sonystyle.com.hk

I'm not good with audio stuff, not sure how to choose components? My budget is 5k? Is it really so bad? Should I expect to pay more?

$5K is really low end, so forget all the talk about components - a decent receiver alone will cost you far more than $5K. If you want the Sony I doubt you'll do much better than the price at an authorised dealer. You might be able to get one or two freebies thrown in by shopping around.

Last edited by PDLM; 29-06-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    $5K is really low end, so forget all the talk about components - a decent receiver alone will cost you far more than $5K. If you want the Sony I doubt you'll do much better than the price at an authorised dealer. You might be able to get one or two freebies thrown in by shopping around.
    however, you can get a decent 2nd hand (a few years old) components for that budget, look at this site classified plus the other expat site asia expat

Sony DAV-DZ870KW - DVD 播放機 - 家庭影音 - 香港格價網 Price.com.hk

very similar to dav-fz900, cheaper as well.

these similars are great for beginners or people with very limited space, but you will not get a proper home cinema experience, but you will have very limited/ or proplems upgrade options/ or to add new equipment, if you want to your hd stb, media recorder, video games etc...

girl-in-asia, do you need to play any DVDs from overseas? In this case you have to make sure that the DVD player is region-free, which might not be the case when you buy off-the-shelf one-box systems.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast