Is it possible to view Now TV in native widescreen...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    Thanks for the detailed reply Raccoon.

So is your HD ready box capable of receiving 16:9 content and if so which channels are broadcast in that format? Do you get any free HD stuff?
    Capable yes, but as said you need to subscribe to the HDTV channels. Currently they only offer 4 channels: Sports, Discovery, National Geographic and Voom (whatever that is). See details here:
    nowTV HD

IMO not worth subscribing to, I rather buy some DVDs instead and (for real HDTV) the occassional Blu-Ray disc.

Well good or bad, Now TV is the only Pay TV service that offers a decent choice of English programming (I am a local but I do not watch Chinese TV - I have both Cable TV and Now TV), not much people want to watch MGM and reruns or Die Hard from Cable TV's HMC every week.

And regarding the widescreen format, actually the only Now TV channels outputted by the set top box are the HD channels (only a few of them), watched with the HD set-top box, for all standard definition channels, the original feeds are not in widescreen either (they were letter-boxed and broadcasted with the black spaces), so the only way to get a wide screen experience is to your TV to cut off the top and bottom of the screen, but they don't look too good that way...

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I got my answer to the 16:9 question... No.

Duplicate post