xbox 360

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bungle:
    there are lists out there - here's the first decent one I turned up using google:

Region Free Xbox 360 Games - Wikia Gaming - Walkthroughs, games, guides, and more
    based on the xbox owners who have modded their x360s in HK and UK, if you purchase or acquired fake x360 games from a commerical (not so legal) retailer, they are all region free, i believe that the pirated games will have their region protection stripped from the original disc.

Pirated games do not have their region stripped from the games. Even if the box is modified it will only play the games from console's region.

Althought, it is worth noting that most of the games these days are released RF (region free).

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    based on the xbox owners who have modded their x360s in HK and UK, if you purchase or acquired fake x360 games from a commerical (not so legal) retailer, they are all region free, i believe that the pirated games will have their region protection stripped from the original disc.
    Sorry, but that's completely wrong.

While technically it should be possible to edit the game to remove the region code, in practice it is never done. Firstly it is very difficult (much more so than Wii games for example) and secondly if you EVER connect to xbox live then Microsoft would instantly be able to detect that you had played a copy game and by that fact that you had also modified your xbox360. They would then be able to permanently ban your 360 from ever connecting to xbox live again.

People in the scene go to great efforts to produce "stealth" backups of games that cannot be detected by Microsoft.

As I previously stated and gr8leo87 has also confirmed, even a modded xbox360 can only play games that are meant for that region or games that are released as Region Free.