Sony PS3 Slim

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thanks for that link Jared....

Looks like DTS-HD is standard too, which ticks all the right boxes, even if it's slightly down on Blu Ray VQ performance compared to say, Panasonics budget dedicated Blu Ray player, factoring in that the PS3 is a hamburger with the lot game console, with Blu Ray playability, and the fact that the slim will fit in my av cabinet, I am pretty much sold on getting one.

Do you still need the Blu Ray remote ( optional ) to play movies, or can it play BR movies without one ? If so, whats the street price on the remote control ?

No worries Sky

The remote is a nice addition TBH as its a bit annoying having to control the BR functions with the controller. I think the remote sells for $240ish in SSP.

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    No worries Sky

The remote is a nice addition TBH as its a bit annoying having to control the BR functions with the controller. I think the remote sells for $240ish in SSP.
    Cool, thanks for that, and agree that the remote will be a lot more convenient, and proper...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Cool, thanks for that, and agree that the remote will be a lot more convenient, and proper...

Cheers
    originally i started using just the controller to control movies etc. was a real pain. ended up buying the remote, well worth it.

its a bluetooth remote by the way.

there are cheaper options using IR, but you need to use a USB dongle to make them work.

Buy PS3 BD Remote Control - Play-Asia.com

$234 at PA so it should be under $200 in SSP or Wanch.

I bought an infra red PS3 remote from Amazon US for about US$15. It comes with a dongle that you plug into the PS3. The remote is a lot of rubbish (build quality sucks) BUT I used it once to program my learning remote which means don't need to have a Bluetooth remote as well as the remote for all my other gear.

Good news PS3 slim fans. HK is going to get the console first. Going to be launched worldwide apart from Japan, Oz and NZ on 1 September. Due to time differences HK will be launching ps3 slim before the states.

For Japan, Oz, NZ, they will get it on 3 September.

Wow, that's great news PIN, re the HK launch date.....

Also, thanks for the info regarding the IR remote, but I think i will stick with the Sony blue Tooth version, as nice as it would be to program my Yamaha AV remote with the IR codes, eliminating yet another remote control, I won't be using the Blu Ray side all that much until software becomes more prevalent/cost effective.

Last edited by Skyhook; 20-08-2009 at 11:30 AM.

COOL!!

I was just reading about this being released in the UK and was thinking... It was about time Sony did something with the PS3. I had the old one in the UK for a bit and loved it but I sold it before coming to HK. Really looking forward to getting one of these and Mirror's Edge (That game was awesome!!)

Only issue I have now is that I need a bigger TV and a bigger Apartment to match.. hmmm

oh, forgot to add the official price will be HK$2,399 for the 120GB model (which will be the release model).