Bad Cable TV Experience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

mine costs 184

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    discobay - that is a faulty line - you simply need to report it to NOW and they will fix it! Getting the amount of data you need for a TV signal down a phone line is pretty nifty technology, but it requires some fine tuning sometimes.
    And fine tuning is what they won't do.
    I reported this problem 3 times and had my broadband decoder replaced twice. They had a set sequence to go through which amounted to tuning in to a football game and watching the movement of the players (and part of the game at the same time). And each time I would then switch to one of the movie channels and point out the pixelation. The technicians each time just said "that's the way it's supposed to be".
    I'm on 6Mbps and you would think that would be enough. I hope everyone else is happy especially those with 3Mbps.

For what it is worth, I had icable in my house with a wi-fi connection to my machine, was able to pirate a PCCW connection from my neighbor from my same machine. I ran a series of tests and found that the PCCW connection was consistently faster with fewer dropped packets.

I should note that the cable modem that I got from icable was pretty beat up, which might have caused some problems, but it was kind of annoying when I was doing some high bandwidth work (like updating large MYSQL databases) and had to deal with persistent lag issues. I would never have played an online game on my icable connection--it would have been awful.

As for EPL matches, I had the "luxury" of being an Arsenal fan and generally being able to watch most matches at a pub (White Stag) with the Hong Kong Arsenal supporters. AXN was good for a few American TV shows, as well as BBC and CNN but that was about it.

yeah one has to admit The Monopoly provides an excellent net conenction. pretty fast and reliable. their NOW service is also OK, haven't encoutnered your problem yet discobay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2