xbox360 to HK

Closed Thread

xbox360 to HK

Hi, does anybody know if I can use my xbox360 (bought in Canada) in HK? I know i'll need to change the plug (not sure what the correct term is). I am also interested in knowing whether my xbox live account will work in HK so I can play online!

Any info would be greatly appreciated

your XBL account should work as that is not country dependant.
    you might have to change your location though.
    The problem you will most likely encounter though is getting games. i have no idea which region it is in canada.

This is coming a bit late, but you should have no problems getting 360 games around here in Hong Kong if you own a NTSC U/C console. Recently 90% of the games here have been region free even though they do read NTSC J on the cover. My suggestion would be to go to play-asia.com every time before you decide to purchase a game to see whether the Asian version of a game is compatible to a US/Canada console or not. Hope this helps!

P.S. Yes, you can use your Xbox here, but you won't be able to use Netflix or download movies from Live because they're region-restricted. Also, Games on Demand won't work (at least it hasn't worked for me so far).