i-CABLE acquires Premier League broadcasting rights until 2013

Closed Thread

i-CABLE acquires Premier League broadcasting rights until 2013

i-CABLE acquires Premier League broadcasting rights

(Hong Kong, November 16, 2009) i-CABLE Communications Ltd. ("i-CABLE") announced today that it has secured exclusive broadcasting rights for England's Barclays Premier League for Hong Kong for the three football seasons 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13.

i-CABLE is glad to have acquired the Premier League broadcasting rights, which will be beneficial to both our viewers and our business.
    ----------------------------------------
    Just got an email from someone who works at i-CABLE this morning. My NOW TV contract doesn't expire till 2011.

& I have just renewed with i-cable when this month HKBB just announced a $99/mo. 100meg service **sigh**

anyways i-cable speed have improved lately coz i guess less people are using them hahahaha

They lost alot of buisness a while back when they lost exclusive rights on some football games, hbo, max, etc.. to NOW tv, their crap customer service rep beyond repair did not help,

now PCCW seems to be following their foot steps so as the old saying goes, "put the nail in the coffin while it is still hot"..
    Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently it cost i-CABLE something like $100,000,000 HKD for the three seasons.

Sweet! I have i-Cable but hardly watch any TV ever since the olympics. Now I have something else to look forward to (as well as the world cup of course)

It's $77 a month on top. ^^