I cable or Now

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I cable or Now

Hey guys....

Just moved into Hong Kong...and am trying to decide between Icable and Now....

Although most say Now is much better....Rumour has it that Icable has the rights to next season's English Premier league and the World Cup 2010 (Football or soccer for some)...Which are a few that i would want....

I would preferably love to go on one with the shortest contract....

drop me a line with your thoughts..

Yes, Icable is not great, however its not a rumour, but fact that they have rights to the EPL from next season. So if you are an EPL watcher, you have no choice if you want to watch the games at home.

As for contract the shortest is about a year, but with that you will have to pay for installation and rental of the box. Only real way round it is to sign up to a 2 year contract and they normally waive all of that stuff.

Are you kidding, NowTV has lost the BPL?

On top of the EPL and World Cup, they also have all the UEFA Cahmpions League and Europa League coverage too.

So basically ppl stuck with NOW with have to settle for Spanish football cos thats all that NOW have now.

I found it amazing that the said they could not afford to compete with the cost and I-Cable's offer considering the amount of money they extorted off customers all the years gone by.

BTW I used to have I-Cable and all I can say is that their football coverage is rubbish. Especially the HK Studio panel...they all know peanuts about football....nothing like Lineker, Hanson, Lawrenson and Shearer....thats why I rather just download and watch Match of The Day.

I cable is crap. not user-friendly.

Now tv is better in channel selection.

iCable

I just signed up a 21month internet subscription with iCable which includes a bunch of crappy looking channels, but I seldom watch TV anyway. $110 per month - about 60% less than what I was paying to PCCW! If the service is crap, then you dont need to accept the service upon installation that same day.

Don't think we have a choice here for soccer fans. I-cable is the only option to catch most of the soccer matches.

I'm still undecided on which to go for since my Nowtv is expiring soon. I will miss the F1, nba, tennis, rugby etc on Nov though.

How much is the sports package on icable?

with Raikkonen gone, I can let the F1 go with NowTV

but then again, Schumi's back...decisions ! decisions !

Quote Originally Posted by pushan:
    with Raikkonen gone, I can let the F1 go with NowTV

but then again, Schumi's back...decisions ! decisions !
    yes F1 is a must! I think I might have to resort to both

I thought there were plenty of options for watching soccer by live streaming through the internet. Some illegal and crappy quality. Some legal and very good high bitrate.

Or put a slingbox in your home country at one of your friends or relatives place.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast