NowTV on PS3

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Er, why did you post here an exact copy of the press release that I linked to in post #1 of this thread nearly two weeks ago?

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm seeing options on my ps3 to set it up, but not sure if it is worth it??

Set it up but I haven't tried it yet as i'm on HKBN. I will call them early next week and see what the deal is with this. It seems like they charge you $20 a month for using their SW which is a bit of a rip off imo.

It's really strange!
    PCCW are trying to charge $20/month for Now TV via PS3.
    PLUS (but really minus) they will take away your decoder box!

So, you are paying more for less!
    I don't get it..!

You save one box worth of shelf space - real estate is expensive in this town! (Often a rental value of more than $20/sq.ft which is roughly the implied value)

Last edited by PDLM; 06-04-2010 at 11:10 AM.

yes.. funnily enough, this is about the only 'feature' they tout...
    Someone at Now marketing needs to be fired and replaced with someone who has a clue..
    Oh yes, I was just browsing a wee bit more, if you have a HD decoder at the moment and you switch the PS3 decoder, you can no longer receive the FTA channels such as Pearl HD..
    So, let's sum this up:
    Pro's
    - Get to use my ps3 (its not like it has many decent games)
    - Get to save 1 power socket and a bit of space

Con's
    - Need to pay $20/month extra
    - Can't get FTA channels anymore
    - Don't get to keep the old decoder
    - (I Haven't checked, but I'm willing to bet) PS3 uses more electricity than the regular decoder

Just incredible..!

hi, does anybody know if content charges are the same or are there any specials, compared to the standard now service.

if service charges are the same, it seems strange that they charge extra $20, but they actually save money on not giving the decoder box.

They have some initial promotions, you can check the packages on the website..
    It's really a half hearted offerring

Now tv outside HK

Hi Guys,

I have a Japanese ps3 which has the Now tv in it. I currently live in Dubai (Middle East). Is it possible to get now TV even with the subscription if i am outside HongKong?? I really wana watch the channels....

No.
    (.......)