Nintendo What??

Closed Thread

Smile Nintendo What??

I am not familiar of any of these but I just got Nintendo Wii as a gift. (unwanted gift..) since I don't use it, I want to give it to my father, maybe he can use it to do some Wii Fit Excercises.

But..

1) This is hong kong version? Work in Japan??
    2) Software.. does it work with additional software I buy in japan? because this package is called 'resort' and I want to add FIT to use it.
    3) TV system.. does it work ? the remote??
    4) Is there a way to convert it some way if HK version is different with Japanese ones?

There are no HK versions of the Wii. The one you have is either a US or Japanese model.

Quote Originally Posted by geo-seb:
    There are no HK versions of the Wii. The one you have is either a US or Japanese model.
    you're wrong HK ver is the official asian ver, not parallel japanese import, usually some of the games are in traditional chinese, but most games are in japanese language, but the instruction booklet are in chinese

the official distributor for hk is mani ltd

there are NTSC games on a NTSC console, thus no problem on japanese TV. however, you need a step up transformer (240v to 120v) cos HK power adaptor will blown/caught on fire on 120v power supply

if you have problems will region coded games (eg, ur japanese or US games won't work on your HK/asian wii, get the wii modified at sham shui po golden arcade or wan chai 188 so you play all games ( apart from PAL european original)

There's all of I think two HK games so far, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus.

HK version will be PAL and 240v. Japan version will be NTSC and 100v.

For the HK version in Japan you will need a TV that supports PAL, possibly a new one, a new power brick, and some form of mod to run Japan games, noting that crossing TV systems usually doesn't work too well with the Wii. The Japan model is popular here because you can run US games on it, European PAL games are often more expensive and require modification to operate.

Basically first check the TV where it's going to run to see if it supports PAL, next bring the console to SSP and ask for help getting it to run Japanese games and channels. Many games are TV system, region, and now country locked.

wow... thank you guys.
    and I think.. nintendo sucks! they still have that country lock to their products and even if I have this one here I can not use Japanese soft? the software I have in the box is only in Chinese!!
    I think I will sell it..

Thank you very much for all of you!

I think most Japanese TV's do not have dual mode and do not support support PAL. It is simply a standard that is not used there.

I remember trying to hook up my PAL camcorder to a Japanese TV and it would not work.

I also had a PAL video I wanted to play in a Japanese Isakaya (a wedding video to play at a nijikai wedding party) but it wouldnt work without some expensive transcoding first.

If your Wii is PAL and 240V, you will be best to sell it in HK or on ebay. You can sell it to someone in Asia or Australia and shipping from HK via EMS is not that expensive (can do it at any HK post office).

When I lived in Japan, I used to sell stuff on ebay all the time. It was a good side business.

Last edited by bdw; 18-02-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tora-chan:
    wow... thank you guys.
    and I think.. nintendo sucks! they still have that country lock to their products and even if I have this one here I can not use Japanese soft? the software I have in the box is only in Chinese!!
    I think I will sell it..

Thank you very much for all of you!
    what game do you have to sell? and how much?