Colombians in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Colombians in Hong Kong

So, I know this is likely a long shot as according to the consulate there are only 200 Colombians registered in all of Hong Kong. Anyway, I am a Colombian born New Yorker, very recently relocated to HK, who is curious as to whether there are any other Colombians in Hong Kong who want to meet up for lunch or a drink. I am staying in Wan Chai.

I believe there are quite a few of your compatriots in Wanchai on a fairly short term basis, earning a bit of extra cash on the game after they handed over the drugs that they trafficked in.

Or that could just all be baseless allegations of course.

You can find then in Escape and Neptune II late at night, or so I'm told.

There's loads of them in TST but mostly into prostitution (Male & Female).

There's a Spanish Speaking Women's Association in HK so if you're female and can join in some of their events you might find some other Colombians...

AMHH

Thanks for the helpful feedback ArKay as I'm not looking for prostitutes or drugs, not sure how that came across in my original post. Anyway, I am actually a male, do you know if there are any similar associations/groups that would be suitable?

It didn't particularly, but nor did it that you would exclude them. It is my impression that the majority of Colombians in Hong Kong (particularly the women) are in that business.

Quote Originally Posted by otto606:
    Thanks for the helpful feedback ArKay as I'm not looking for prostitutes or drugs, not sure how that came across in my original post. Anyway, I am actually a male, do you know if there are any similar associations/groups that would be suitable?
    Don't know of anything I'm afraid. May be some links or contacts on the AMHH site that you could follow up...

Best to call your consulate or chambers of commerce.

Thanks again, like I said in my original post i figured it was likely to be a long shot. I've been to the consulate, just wanted to see if there were any people on here that might fit my profile (ie. law abiding).

Quote Originally Posted by otto606:
    just wanted to see if there were any people on here that might fit my profile (ie. law abiding).
    Just FYI, prostitution is not illegal in Hong Kong (although working as a prostitute whilst on a visitors visa would be a breach of condition of stay).