XBOX Live and Halo 2 in HK?

Closed Thread

XBOX Live and Halo 2 in HK?

I have some friends back in the states that I'd like to play Halo 2 with and I have some questions...

1) Do I need a specific XBOX version (US/HK/JAP)? Does it matter?

2) How is the quality of gameplay when playing with people in the US? Is there a lot of lag?

3) Where is the best place to pick up an unmodded box? Toys 'R Us?

4) Anyone have one they want to sell me?

Thanks in advance!

1) All that matters is that the region of the game your playing matches the region of the xbox. If you get a Hong Kong xbox (NTSC-J), get the Hong Kong Halo 2. You can still play the US.

2) I have played on US servers for the last 2 years on Rainbow Six. There is a bit of lag but it's playable. Halo 2 has less lag but ultimately it depends on the size of the game your joining, their connection speed (their upload) and the ping. You may try Halo 2 on Kai (www.teamxlink.co.uk). It's free and there are enough Halo 2 players to keep you and your friend happy. LIVE wont necessarily be smoother.

3) Toys R Us and Jusco I guess. I got mine from Jusco since the special offer was more attractive at the time. Check the prices and check what freebies they are giving.

4) check yahoo auction for Hong Kong. There are plenty on sale there but I do not know if they are modded.

ADVICE: the new 360 can play Halo 2. Instead of investing in an obsolete system, you may as well spend a little bit more and have a system that has at least 5 years of life in it....not to mention some of the new 360 games will make you not even consider Halo 2 again.

Last edited by fuey; 13-04-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize that I could play Halo 2 on Xbox Live with the 360. I may go that route instead.

Any other advice out there?