better bank or business?

Closed Thread

better bank or business?

Hi

I'm fed up with hsbc commercial banking. Unfortunaley their customer service has been getting worse and worse. Could anyone recommend a bank for commercial banking?? We're a hong kong company with western directors - need excellent english, customer service.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

I'm now using BOC for commercial banking, I tried and tried with HSBC but ultimately failed. I've actually closed the last but one of my accounts this morning due to poor service and making a call that (after going through their extensively complicated answering system) got answered by a person whose English skills bordered on the ridiculous. Awful service, no RMB services, and crazy charges.

If you want any RMB services use BOC, if you want low charge simple commercial banking use Standard Chartered.

I think that HSBC is difficult to deal with if you don't have a good relationship with any particular banker. Once you find yourself a banker that makes your success their priority, however, you will find that HSBC RM's are very good at quarter backing the game and sending you directly to various people within the company.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    If you want any RMB services use BOC, if you want low charge simple commercial banking use Standard Chartered.
    What kind of fees doe Standard Chartered charge for China payments? HSBC keeps hitting me with (approximately) 100HKD for every transfer that is internet initiated.

HC

Quote Originally Posted by mongkokrat:
    I think that HSBC is difficult to deal with if you don't have a good relationship with any particular banker. Once you find yourself a banker that makes your success their priority, however, you will find that HSBC RM's are very good at quarter backing the game and sending you directly to various people within the company.
    We'd love to have an individual banker, we did about 1 year ago (but they weren't that good), but then we were forced to use a 'direct client services' team, but as of today, this 'team' doesn't exist anymore, and I was told by the bank we cannot have an indiviual, bank manager.

Actually RMB banking isn't a high priority for us, as we mostly deal with USD/EUR/GBP. So perhaps standerd chartered is a better option?