Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PDLM

sending my partner some spare HKD's

Post sending my partner some spare HKD's

hi i would like to send my partner a few thousand HKD's I have around at home from my last trip.

what is the best way to send that?...or do i just exchange it back to sterling here, and send her my bank's method of currency sending instead from my bank to hers?.
    was thinking of just like air mailing it by registered post, but don't know if that would be an issue with customs etc...

thanks.

try western union...charge may be higher than banks..send currency by airmail ? you are not kidding ????.

I had sent money (a couple thousand HKD in 1000 notes) to UK through registered post. No declarations involved.

thanks, i might just do that registered thing.
    thanks.

if you both have paypal your charges will be lower. Especially if she wants to buy something on ebay now or in the future (ok unlikely i guess) but i use paypal between myself and my dad to sort out my uk expenditures
    Posted via Mobile Device

If you are sending less that US$225 use Paypal, anything above that, use Bank Telegraphic transfer.

ah yeah forgot about that for paypal because i'm usually sending small sums. Good point
    Posted via Mobile Device

Except that the OP has physical notes in the UK which he wants to get to his partner in HK. I reckon registered mail is the best way unless he has a HKD bank account in the UK which he could pay them into.

m4nn likes this.