HKMA - Wasting your money?

Closed Thread

HKMA - Wasting your money?

Ok, so we're moving our resource directory to a new software platform. This software emails the contact person and lets them know where their link has been added and if they need any modifications made... to let us know.

5 times out of 10 the email is ignored.
    3-4 times out of 10 the email is acknowledged and we get a thank you note

And then .. we get dumb emails like this.

To think that they have someone at the HKMA who actually took the time (and I figure they allocate 30 minutes per email as per govt standards) to send us this email.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have never submitted any information to your website. You may wish to note our copyright policy as follows.

Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and any other rights in respect of the content of all pages on the HKMA website, including all texts and images, are owned by the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA).
    The HKMA grants permission to:

Browse, display, download and print materials on this website in its original format for non-commercial use only, provided that proper attribution is given to the HKMA.
    Create links to the pages in this site (preferably to the HKMA homepage) for non-commercial use only, provided that the source is stated, and the material is not altered or distorted.
    Requests for specific hyperlink permission or authorisation of proposed use or reproduction of contents in this site should be addressed [email protected]

Thank you.

Webmaster
    Hong Kong Monetary Authority
    ([email protected])
    Bah .. timewasters.

Looks pretty form to me....probably took the guy all of five seconds to do. Look at it this way, at least they weren't sending a cease and desist, which seems to be the form letter of 90 percent of companies now...

Krad, ok, there was some amount of sarcasm.. but to have someone assigned to send emails out to folks who add them to their directories, to have a form letter prepared for such a thing ..

You'd think they had better things to do.

Don't get me started on an enquiry I made a year ago .. "Do you have a list of online banks / brokers in Hong Kong" ... their response was in effect .. "Due to security reasons we cannot reveal such information".

KIA

I suppose thats why they are a government organisation !

The sad thing is someone probably sat there and typed the e-mail they sent to you and then got it reviewed by a colleage before it was signed off by the boss and sent to you !

Sad

Katanga : Bet they paid IBM or EDS a million or two for that bit of workflow