Like Tree6Likes

How to talk to a real person on HSBC hotline?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

are you looking for personal or commercial banking service??? its much easier to get to a real person for commercial banking...but for personal account, try calling early in the morning (before 9am) and you can get to a real person in a much shorter time!
    Personal banking, Smartvantage account. Problem is that I can't even get to the point that I have to wait...

Do you mean 0 for HSBC Noth America or are you saying in general?
    Pressing zero for pretty much any call centre in North America will connect you to a real person.

i found a technique not sure if it works all the time but i just keeps on pressing different numbers and sooner or later i get transferred to a rep.
    I've also tried pressing random numbers in the hope that I would be able to talk to a real person, but yes, I was disconnected and asked to try again later.

The only way I've ever gotten any customer service is by an inquiry through their website and then a representative calls back (usually at a time that I am not available to take the call). Doesn't work for more complicated problems or anything that needs to be resolved quickly.

Thanks all for your comments/suggestions.

I'm in exactly the same situation as MisterJJ. I am used to systems where you can just press 0 at any time to talk to a real person. With the HSBC system I just go round and round in circles and never talk to anyone. It seems ridiculous that I would have to go into a branch to talk to someone when the phone system should be able to cope with that very basic requirement!

i have never called my bank before. i rock up to a branch if things can't be done online. why do you need to talk to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    i have never called my bank before. i rock up to a branch if things can't be done online. why do you need to talk to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    can you tell me how to rock up to a branch? If this works better, i would certainly give it a try, but I've always failed.

Try Hang Seng!
    I have to laugh when I phone to put-right something they have done (like change the debit on my credit card) and am invited in Cantonese to invest with them - lol (like that is going to happen)

This is strange..
    I called the vantage hotline yesterday, and although I cant remember the sequence of numbers I typed, I finally reached a human operator.
    And she was very efficient and nice!

I think Tiger Sun has explained it perfectly!

I wanted to talk to someone because we have registered overseas accounts to make transfers to (filled in the forms and everything, got letters confirming they had been registered) but when we do transfers to these accounts using internet banking, they keep bouncing back into our accounts (minus large fees of course) after a couple of days. I have no idea why they are bouncing back and I wanted a quick explanation.

I work from home so don't pass a handy branch every day, and just wanted to quickly ask someone why this was happening and sort out how to fix it. However, apparently that is not what the HSBC hotline exists for, as Tiger Sun pointed out.

HSBC Premier give the number of your "personal" advisor. I just call them. The other trick I have found in the US is that I call the Premier hotline and then get them to sort out my G/F's problem who is a normal US account holder.

Wink

That's nice if you're a Premier customer, but I am not.