Like Tree6Likes

How to talk to a real person on HSBC hotline?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Im HSBC Advance and I just usually do account services (push 1) then I believe other services (push 6) then lost card (push 1) and that gets someone on the line. I just tell them "I didn't really lose my card, but I didn't know how to reach someone" and continue with my question or service required.

HK_or_not? likes this.

Getting through to a human using HSBC phone banking

I just asked a clerk this question and she said ...

First select 2 (English), then 1, then # then 0 and you will get through to an operator.

If you are not HSBC Premier, try to et HSBC Advance status if you intend to use HSBC for long term. Shorter queue in banking hall and faster telephone service. I don't think the requirements of balance maintenance is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by akast:
    I just asked a clerk this question and she said ...

First select 2 (English), then 1, then # then 0 and you will get through to an operator.
    I just tried this myself and it seems they have slightly changed the numbers. Once again, I got this off a clerk: call 222333000 then press 2,3,#,0.

Why do they have to make it so hard!

It really isn't hard. The user guides for phonebanking are published online with the menu structure. It is clear what the sequence of key presses is to get to a person for each of the three types of personal account.
    Premier
    Advance
    Pleb

I am with HSBC and never have a problem with their phone servive to be honest. I do however, with some companies, PCCW for example, press for sales enquiries and explain that I don't understand all the numbers. They normally put you straight through to someone who can help.

I hit 2 for English then 6 which went to lost cards who transferred me to the right area.

This used to infuriate me too. So much that I saved the short cut route into my iphone to get me to a person.

This could be dated as I haven't called them in months, I avoid them at all costs they are so unhelpful, but once you input your account number and pin I found the following sequence got me a person assuming your registered for phone banking already.

2 for english
    1 for account services
    input account no followed by #,
    ignore the message to registered for phone banking services and go to main menu
    option 6

Good luck

Last edited by Alan Partridge; 13-02-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Edit - sorry - didn't realise this was an old thread where I'd posted the info already.

Last edited by PDLM; 13-02-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Bumping an old thread... but I'm trying to inquire about something on my commercial account, and I just can't seem to get through to a human being! I get to the point where it asks me for my telephone banking password, which I have forgotten since I've never used it... but there's still no option to speak to a CSR! Any updated help?