HSBC credit card?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rasta : Yeah, a contract is a contract .. but I can assure you, their lawyers have taken care of every loophole they can find.

The best way to prevent the big guys from stepping over you, is to not deal with them and make it clear why you don't want to.

I respectfully disagree. I beat DHL, Zurich Insurance, another British Insurance company, the big fat lawyers of a European Government (in the supreme court).

And you can't just say 'they have outsourced it'. I signed a contract with HSBC, and not with Sony Ericsson, and it's HSBC's job to honor the contract.

I tell you: don't let the big guys step on you.

And above all... stay away from HSBC!

>> I beat DHL, Zurich Insurance, another British Insurance company,
    >> the big fat lawyers of a European Government (in the supreme
    >> court).

Opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> I beat DHL, Zurich Insurance, another British Insurance company,
    >> the big fat lawyers of a European Government (in the supreme
    >> court).

Opportunity cost.
    I know... I just wished I had time to sue stupid HSBC.

I can just vent my anger here, and let others know not to sign up with these people!

Regardless, one of these days I have to have a beer with you and ask you about your lawsuits.

count me in for that drinks. i'd love to know as well.
    then we can chip in abit of cost for you to sue your nigerian friends

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    count me in for that drinks. i'd love to know as well.
    then we can chip in abit of cost for you to sue your nigerian friends
    Tell me about them! They have all but disappeared!

All you need to sue a company/government is to know where to find the laws. Suing is free (in the country where I come from). All you have to do is copy-paste the law, put it in a letter and send it to the court. It's easier than you think, and more often than not it's 'out of court settlements' once you have shown the company that you won't be stepped over!

And by the way, you can also sue the government. Did you know that? Many people don't know. They think the government is above the law. Sheesh

unfortunately from where i come from that statement is not valid.
    i agree with you the government shld not be above the law. the juridiction and the government shld be independent...

sigh..

Yes, you are Singaporean.

Well, sorry mate.

In any case also many people in Europe think that the government is above the law, always right, and you can't sue it.

It's because of such attitudes that governments or companies do illegal things (such as not giving a phone in spite of promising to give one). They hope to get away with it because people don't sue.

Last edited by RastaMan; 28-12-2006 at 12:45 PM.

Governments are never above the law. They can change them .. but not be above them.

What it does boil down to, is the cost (economic, emotional, opportunity) of getting what is due to you.