HSBC credit card?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

pin > take it easy.
    i've been thru the relocation myself.
    ya, we get anxious and upset and try to get everything prepared and done up for the move... but in actual fact, alot of things just doesn't happen until you pop over and sort it out at the spot.. accomodation and bank accounts, etc..
    there are just so so so many options and things you can do. everyone is going to have some sort of opinion and advice. one that fits a person might not fit another. u'd just have to pop over and see for yourself what's the best in your circumstance.

even just 2 weeks, things change and what was good might not be available anymore.

anyway you are paid well enough and just take it that at worst you pay a few hundred dollars more and u'd get your stuffs ready..

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I just feel as though I got b*tch slapped back to the days of British rule over HK.
    Why is that? During British rule multi-billion companies had to respect the law? How awful!

Well, as of today, 5 PM I am the owner of the phone. HSBC did indeed send a courier with the phone to my office.

In the face of all the naysayers on this board!

Wow, that's cool Rastaman, they did deliver. Happy they gave you what you deserve. Personally, I hate HSBC and if I had 1M HKD, I might want to stay there but I just can't stand the long lines and the stupid separate machines for ATM, cash deposit, check deposit...seems so backwards. But I have digressed away from the credit card item...

We were in HSBC a couple of weeks ago to set up an advantage account. The client service rep we worked with recommended we don't try to open up a credit card account until we have a letter from my husband's employer stating there is no end date, ie - he is a permanent employee not on a work contract, as this will fare better in their review of our application. Apparently, they got burned when foriegners left without paying their bills. My husband's colleague applied for a card from HSBC without this type of letter and she was denied.

PIN - keep your UK credit card open until you have your HK card in your hand.
    My husband and I opened acounts at HSBC -
    We had savings /shares etc in HSNC uk and then transfered about 200K HKD to a HK poweradvantage account, hubby's average spend was about 50K HKD on corporate stuff and despite my hissalary going into the account and a letter from HR and 8 years history etc etc they still said they would 'consider if we were a good risk'...it took 6 weeks to get the credit card...... keep a backup card - you never know what you may need some quick cash for......
    Having said that they are a good bank to be with - they call us when we are out of the country to make sure it is us making withdrawals etc and we have had LOADS of free gifts.... PSP, ipod, household stuff, gift vouchers etc etc.... they say you need a min spend so we put everything on credit card and clear the bill every month.... no interest no charges. ALso the power account/EPS - no one takes it anyway !!!!

If you have a great relationship with HSBC back home, ask your relationship manager to liase on your behalf. That's the way I made things happen with my account here in HK. For credit cards, I got some help from someone here in Geo!

But I got the gifts I wanted. (Nano and PSP)

Hi

Just to report, getting the credit card was a breeze. I got my bank account opened the day after I arrived to HK (they had already got my details, which were sent over from the UK).

Went in and gave over the various proof they needed (passport, employment letter, etc) and they had my cheque book and ATM card waiting for me.

I then applied for the credit card while I was there. Just got accepted yesterday and will collect it after CNY.

HSBC gold CC, whatever that means BTW.

Thumbs up

bro! respect for the way you handled this situation... I'm quite like you... hate being stepped on and fight for my right till the end! "thats if I'm right though heh"

Quote Originally Posted by RastaMan:
    'forced'?

Yes, you are forced to honor the contracts you sign, and so are they!

Sony Ericsson J230i (white color). Visa card. Why you ask? You work for HSBC?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4