ATM with higher withdrawal limit?

Closed Thread

ATM with higher withdrawal limit?

Are there any ATMs in Hong Kong which have a higher withdrawal limit than 20k?
    My bank in Austria allows me to withdraw up to 60k in a day, which would be cheaper (and faster) than transferring money to my HSBC account here.
    Appreciate any help. Thanks.

Are you sure it would be cheaper? Banks typically give you a worse exchange rate when handling cash than they do with telegraphic transfers. As an example, look at HSBC's published rates and you can see banknotes are giving are worse rate. Im not sure if your European bank will do the same thing.
    Currency Rates - HSBC in Hong Kong

Wow, which bank are you going to that lets you withdraw $20K from its ATM? There are only two banks here that accepts my ATM card - Standard Chartered and B of C and the max allowed is $4K and $2K, respectively.

Also, I have found that my taking money from the ATM, I actually get a SLIGHTLY better rate than what the banks post for exchanges.

I am talking about HKD, not USD!
    I withdraw 20k HKD from HSBC ATMs.

Quote Originally Posted by pumi23:
    I am talking about HKD, not USD!
    I withdraw 20k HKD from HSBC ATMs.
    My withdrawal limit is HK$4k.

Mine was about 4k first too but I talked to my bank in Austria and they raised my limit. I had a limit on my bank account in Austria, not the HK bank's fault ;-)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Only not just walk into the bank and withdraw the cash via a teller? Or do you need to regularly withdraw $50K at 3 am?

no, but I dont want to line up at the super long queue here in Kwai Fong's HSBC in the morning. ATM or transaction are the only quick options.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Glad to hear that (on the "no")!

How about journeying down the less-travelled road? Avoid the sheeple at HSBC; bank elsewhere.

dont want to open another business bank account at the moment. I (and my company) have so many bank accounts already, really no need to get another one.
    And you need to wait at any bank anyway.