Like Tree12Likes

What are the benefits of holding an HSBC Premier account?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    So why do they have the brand in other markets where nobody knows who HSBC is and what Premier is then? Or perhaps is this why HSBC Premier actually means something more in these markets?!

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    I was able to make myself a free cup of coffee using a fancy machine while waiting 40 minutes to turn two $500 bills in to a bunch of $20 bills this morning at the HSB Premier branch on Hennessey and Luard.
    Curiously, despite using it quite often, I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes at that branch.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Curiously, despite using it quite often, I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes at that branch.
    Overheard receptionist telling another customer it has something to do with CNY . . .

Other than the global connection, getting to speak to a real person for telebanking is faster for premier customers. If you need to cash or issue USD cheques/bankdrafts often, then Citigold is also good as they charge no fees for that.

Another benefit of Premier is higher daily limits for withdrawing or depositing foreign currency free of charge.

I waited 30 minutes at the new branch in Elements the other day. But other times less than 10 minutes.

I was able to successfully open an account in Australia at no charge (usually $200 AUD) but they did remind me that after my 12 month period for the Premier promotion I would have to pay about $360 a month for the privilege for the service unless I had $1 mil in my account.

When I think about it the cost of transfers to Australia each time of $240 it might not be a bad deal as I need to do this at least once a month.

I must admit it is a good service but with internet banking it becomes quite useless in alot of ways for ordinary banking needs. The concept of the Relationship Manager is really good but wastes as they really are not wealth creators or personable to your real needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Katanga:
    Most importantly, when you get to the bank where they have a separate counter for Premier, it does make a huge difference on the waiting times.
    It didn't made a difference for me today.
    At Premier they were serving #594 and I had #642.
    I went down to the line for "poorer" Advance account holders and it took me 10 minutes wait.

I'm regretting the day upgraded my account.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Agreed, the wait is 10 mins or less at any Premier Branch. Now if they could only turn some ATM machines into Premier Status, that would be worth having.
    And you guys are visiting the bank at what time?

Because I suppose it should be less than 10 minutes anytime, and not when, err... it's not "busy time".

Anyway you can link your overseas account ONLY if Premier service is available.
    That's the reason why they told me I couldn't link my 30-mile distant Macau HSBC account to my HSBC HK Premier (it's not a joke)

The problem is that Macau is one of the few countries not yet linked up to the Global Transfer system. Not sure what the timescale for that happening is.

The problem is that Macau is one of the few countries not yet linked up to the Global Transfer system. Not sure what the timescale for that happening is.
    One of the other places in New Zealand - they have been telling me it will happen "soon" for nearly 4 years!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast