HSBC Powervantage Costs

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

well, like said, its the profit/pain threshold level.
    i suppose if u buy some of their products, or use their credit card frequently, then you can always walk in and ask them to waive the potential extra charges and see if they bulge. if they do, u know where their line is. but just be prepared to walk away totally.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    So...anyone got any recommendations on banks that actually provide customer service so we can move our accounts en masse?
    I am happy with BEA, though one thing I like from them is that they are about 20 seconds from my home, and 20 seconds from my job... Might not be the same for you.

Anyway, they give higher interest rates than the competition, have lower charges, you get 1 mile for every 8$ you spend on the credit card, etc.

Though they don't have many funds. I will be getting an index fund from Hang Seng when the markted adjustes itself, but in the meantime I keep everything at BEA. In general HK banking system sucks, but maybe BEA sucks a bit less than many others (specially HSBC!!!).

And BEA is? I am not interested in funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    And BEA is? I am not interested in funds.
    Bank of East Asia. Check it out.

Cool

Hong Kong bank customers will be earning virtually no money on their deposits as lenders slashed their rates in wake of the US Federal Reserve's move to cut its key interest rate, bringing their saving rates practically to zero percent.

Two of the city's major lenders, Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corp, and Hang Seng Bank (0011), will offer an interest rate of 0.01 percent for deposits of more than HK$5,000.

This means that, starting from today, their customers will receive HK$1 interest a year on a deposit of HK$10,000 or HK$100 on HK$1 million.
    Right, so someone wanna remind me, what's my motivation for keeping a large balance to get PowerVantage?

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Right, so someone wanna remind me, what's my motivation for keeping a large balance to get PowerVantage?
    So you don't have to queue with the rest of the hacking cough sufferers and people that can't talk discretely on a mobile phone

I don't do that anyway. I use online banking or the machines.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9