How to buy silver at BOCHK, and what is Loco London Silver?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How to buy silver at BOCHK, and what is Loco London Silver?

If anybody can help, thanks a lot!

And I am trying to find out online, but without success so far

do you want paper silver or physical silver ?

for physical silver, the last i heard you need to place a reservation order and they will find it for you.

loco london generally means the spot price trade at the london metal exchange.

Thanks. What is best? Paper silver or physical silver?
    So loco london is just paper silver traded in London, right?

The physical of course - Thats rule number 1!

Paper market is manipulated

Here is one of the places to buy silver in HK

Kitco - 世界级的贵重金属零售商和金属信息 务机构

Forgive my ignorance. But if I buy a certificate from loco london saying that I bought 1 kg of silver, won't it be "as good as the physical silver"?

Jacky,

sent u a PM

I am convinced, and I am looking for physical silver. Does anybody know where I can buy it?

I called BOCHK and they run out of it and only sell coins anyway (which wouldn't be my first choice).

Thanks!

I suggest using Kitco for your long term holdings. Medium term traded should be done on the silver ETFs such as SLV. Short term trades should be done on the futures exchange. Paper silver has its use for people who want convert small sums and aggregate it into a lump sum before buying physical.

Thanks. Do you people have your silver at home, or leave it at the bank/Kitco?

I read that banks didn't actually deliver the silver to their customers (who had bought the physical silver and then asked the bank to hold it) for several weeks, probably because they sold the physical silver several times over.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    I am convinced, and I am looking for physical silver. Does anybody know where I can buy it?

I called BOCHK and they run out of it and only sell coins anyway (which wouldn't be my first choice).

Thanks!
    Bak already contacted you about Kitco. That's the only reasonable way to get physical silver in HK.

A silver dealer on Bonham Strand places a regular ad on The Standard. The problem is that one has to lug several kg of silver around an store it at the bank. This is not the way to do things with silver. It's applicable to gold bars only.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast