Standared Chartered grrr

Closed Thread

Standared Chartered grrr

Just a rant to get this off my chest. Went to withdraw 3000 dollars from a SC ATM, printed receipt, gave me my card back, then cancelled the transaction (after deducting the money from my account, not SC).

Went to the local branch and filled in a complaint form. One week later had heard nothng so went back to the branch. We'll phone you. Like **** they did. Went back today, they say they are still waiting for a response. Surely all they have to do is look at the transactions and the balance in the ATM?

Very strange... the ATMs are audited very regularly (not sure what the cycle is .. 24 hours?) and such a mistake should have been caught during the regular audit cycle.

Have you complained to the bank with whom you hold the account where the money was taken? That's who you have the relationship with, not SC.

I had a similar situation with an ATM in Shanghai which did exactly what you describe with two different cards (one from HSBC and one from NatWest). I wrote to both banks, and they both immediately put the money back in my account pending resolution from the bank whose ATM it was. About 10 days later they wrote me a "yes the ATM was faulty" letter and that was that.

Contacted my home bank, waiting for a response. SC now say they transferred the money back into my account last week but no sign of it.

Angry Radison BOC

[QUOTE]I had a similar situation with an ATM in Shanghai which did exactly what you described [\QUOTE]

Hello PDLM, just curious, was that the Bank of China ATM right down the Radisson? :question:

I had the same situation there just last January with an HSBC account. Not a very pleasant feeling when you are with one of your best customer trying to show that China is not all as bad as they heard.

For all the Tech. out there, any idea of what could cause that. Because I know, as KIA mentioned, that these machine are audited at least once a day. (twice for busy branches)

No - it was an ATM of some smaller bank (can't remember the name) in the lobby of the Holiday Inn Pudong.

Interesting. Then I guess it is more common than I expected.