Standard Chartered Excel banking?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Standard Chartered Excel banking?

Hi

So views on Standard Chartered?

Am thinking about switching from HSBC. At present SC are offering 4.66 for time deposit, but I also need to sign up to their Excel banking (seems this is their integrated bank account, similar to Power Vantage).

I know lots of people talk about HSBC here, but not much about SC.

Was just wondering if anyone had any views on them.

Thanks!

pin at the end of the day same old same old .... all of them are the same. Having said that...

Our mortgage is with SCB and have no reason to move it. The queues seem smaller at their branches in Central. They don't have anything close to where we are in Pokfulam, but you can use any JETCO ATM (min $500 withdrawal from a non SCB ATM).

thanks shri!

did you open a standard Chartered account ??

Hi Pin

Did you open an account with SC ??

I am about to close mine with HSBC because they drive me mad so before I hurl furniture at the staff in the branch I think it is safer all round if I never have to go there again.

Would be interested to hear about how you got on ........

All because you forgot to check your daily online transaction limits before you tried to pay a large bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Janetw:
    Hi Pin

Did you open an account with SC ??

I am about to close mine with HSBC because they drive me mad so before I hurl furniture at the staff in the branch I think it is safer all round if I never have to go there again.

Would be interested to hear about how you got on ........
    Hi

No, didn't get round to bothering to tell you the truth!!

However, if you do decide to go ahead, let me know what your views are!

I guess the other option would be Citibank.

The choice would depend on the closest branch of each of these banks to where you are. I have accounts with both and have found the service, queues etc vary from branch to branch. In general SCB has better rates, while HSBC has better technology (online banking, deposit/withdrawal machines, international banking etc).

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    min $500 withdrawal from a non SCB ATM
    I bank with SCB (Excel banking too) and never heard of that min 500 for a non SCB ATM (I am almost sure to have withdraw less than this in some other JETCO ATM)

Are you sure about this rule?

Mat - Not sure about all banks .. but many of them need a $500 minimum withdrawal.

We're with Stan Chart and if I use a Wing Hang bank ATM in cyberport, the minimum is $500.

I've called them... when I did not know about it, wondering why a $400 withdrawal got rejected and they did tell me that the min is $500 from non SCB.

I'd think this is true with all Jetco banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I bank with SCB (Excel banking too) and never heard of that min 500 for a non SCB ATM (I am almost sure to have withdraw less than this in some other JETCO ATM)

Are you sure about this rule?
    Mat, what are your views in general about SCB and their Excel banking (which I think is the SCB equivalent of PowerVantage).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast